Stupid Q from old MPT user

Started by ImagineAZ, October 20, 2006, 20:53:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ImagineAZ

I have been using MPT for years, and I just downloaded and installed the Athlon 64 version.  It seems to have some really important improvements.

My question is this:  I'm used to the process of loading an instrument, going to the pattern editor, and hitting keys on my keyboard to record/play notes.  With this version, the intrument loads like always, I click on the pattern editor tab, I hit keys on my keyboard...no notes are played nor recorded.  It doesn't matter whether the RECORD button is pressed or not.  No noise, no notes recorded.  What step(s) am I missing?

Thanks and sorry if this is the dumbest question ever.

Imagine

LPChip

First of all, there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers ;)

I think that you have to load the key-preset file, something that you hadn't have to do in the old file, becaues now you can customise the keys to your needs.

To do this, go to the setup screen, keyboard, bottom right->load keys, and browse to the keypreset file.

NOTE: You must install RC2 prior to the latest beta, or you won't have this file among alot of other files :)

And welcome to the forums :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

ImagineAZ

The "extra keymaps" folder stumbled into my memory shortly after posting that message, and the US classic one was the one I was used to, and that was that.  

Thanks again,
Imagine

LPChip

No problem. :) Glad I could help. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs