[MUX, boogie] Tunnel Vision (MOD)

Started by Sam_Zen, September 16, 2006, 01:11:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Although I'm not a fan of the piano, Tunnel Vision is made with only piano-sounds.
2:16 - 6 samples - 8 channels

apple-joe

All right - only melodic sounds in this one. That said, in this one, as most of your tracks, your melodic approach is extremely free and open. To me it seems like you disregard scales completely, and that may very well lead to original results. A lot of different phrases in this one, but one detail: channel 1 and 2 - the rhythm is exactly the same throughout the track. OK, so it may sound stable by doing it this way - on the other hand; maybe it sounds a little monotonous too? (Of course, the rest of the track is very dynamic, but still; the 'bass' notes are the spine, so to speak)

Sam_Zen

Correct, I don't have any scales in mind. While the song builds up, I add notes, and if they sound right, it's good enough for me. And I mean with 'right' not so much 'tonal', but more as : according to my intentions.
Because a note can be 'tonally wrong', but if this was intended, it is the 'right' note.
It can be part of a composition, as an expression, to deny the expectations of the mind for a while.

You're absolutely to the point about Chs 1 and 2. Two small variations in the whole piece..
It was not a cheap trick to get a steady base, I've just neglected it.

apple-joe

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"
It can be part of a composition, as an expression, to deny the expectations of the mind for a while.

Yes, this is the core. I think that's why I enjoy many of your tracks. I don't know what's coming next.

That said, you provided a track a while ago that was very original, but still had melodic elements, I'm talking about "W H O D U N I T". Do you got more in this vein?

Sam_Zen

I maybe understand now more what you mean with a content of melodic elements. Because I use often in a song a,
what I call a 'ground-tone', and if it changes, I change (transpose) some other instruments accordingly.

A request for a same kind of file is never easy, but I uploaded "BeaZea".