Sync Modplug with Cubase or Adobe Audition

Started by dacess, September 01, 2006, 18:49:56

Previous topic - Next topic

dacess

Is it possible, or will it ever be? Somebody let me know

SoundCrafter

Maybe possible, but not likely, because
Quote from: "LPChip"
Don't forget the people that actually do have a bit of money but just hate sequencers
He was referring to himself as well, when he made that statement.
So yeah. Sry. Why do you ask, though?
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

dacess

Modplug is perfect for making hip hop beats but its a pain having to record the whole track as a wave and then import into a multitracker when i want to add vocals. Any suggestions.

dacess

Maybe i'm expecting a bit much from a tracker program, but it would be excellent if i could sync modplug with Cubase or similar software.

speed-goddamn-focus

MadTracker has ReWire support. Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions, you'll never see ReWire in OpenMPT.

There's also a VSTi based on the IT2 look and feel, called reViSiT. It's still in beta tho.

LPChip

Or you could just sample your lyrics, and put them in your song. The new timeframe feature on samples could help you on this.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

It would be nice to be able to press only one button, to start MP playing and start Cool recording at the same time.
But I have my doubts if this kind of 'sync' is meant here.
I can't help noticing quite a low pain-threshold here.
To get it right, some processes only can be dealt with, if more than one step is used.
You must see the recording of the MP-track in the multitracker only as a ghost-track. It's just to have material alongside related to the recorded vocal track at the same time. And to make the vocal track as a wav in the correct length, if you want to import this sample in MP again to add it to the hiphop.

2 ways available here :
1) If Mp is started first by pressing 'play', then the pressing of 'record' in Cubase probably misses some sounds.
This can be avoided by adding some secs with silence to the module, before the actual song begins.
2) If Cubase is first activated to record, and then the MP-button 'play' is pressed, the recording in the multitracker will have some leading silence anyway.

In both cases you'll need to 'crop' the vocal track, by defining the actual starting-point of the track with the MP-recording, make it a common 'cue', and then delete the part from zero to cue from the vocal track.

2 LPChip
Of course a very strong point, sampling those lyrics. Especially hiphop consists of repeated sentences and words, and with words, within a sentence, that are emphasized with the duplicate by other voices.
Much more nano-control over the material, I would say, but who am I ?

Timeframe feature ? Sounds interesting !

SoundCrafter

Hiphop? Vocals? You don't by any chance mean you're a rapper do, you? Well, fellas, I've got some precautionary editing to do.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Much more nano-control over the material, I would say, but who am I ?
I have to disagree with that. In my opinion using vocal samples in the tracker gives less control and, more importantly, hardly any overview. Perhaps in the future, if MPT gets special audio tracks, it would be a good option.

MisterX

I think that BeroTracker comes in a VSTi format - can the same be done with OpenMPT?

http://www.berotracker.de/portal/page.php?page=tracker

If not, perhaps dacess can make the beatz in MPT, save as an IT file, and use the BeroTracker VSTi in the sequencer...
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

dacess

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Didnt know any of the stuff that was discussed so i have learned a bit. I've been using trackers for years upon years, started with Med, and 3 amiga 1200's making jungle music. Modplug is brilliant but i think the limitations are hindering my progression. Trying a bit of Reason now, but it just can't compete with the ease and usablility of Modplug. Maybe the programmers at SoundForge will come up with something, but until i can sync with a powerful recording software i.e; cubase, pro tools, adobe audition etc, i'm a bit stuck. I'll keep my eyes open for some alternatives. Thanks again.

Diamond

I always thought that a recording function which worked in the pattern view would be very useful.  You can already load large wave files into channels in MPT, so what about the idea of a feature which starts recording audio at the currently selected row in the active channel and then adds patterns as necessary to extend the recording or extends into already existing patterns.  This would of course insure that the audio was synchronized with the rest of the song.