[DUPE] plugins section from general tab to its own

Started by LPChip, August 26, 2006, 12:48:26

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

We have 5 tabs: General, Patterns, Samples, Instrument, Comments.

I think its better to move the plugin section from the General tab to a new section called Plugins.

Initially you can just move it, which means that just very little information is on that page, but lateron you can extend it by adding the plugins interface on that page, and possibly more handy features designed for plugins.

I know, it is good as it is, so why request? New people will find it hard to locate plugins, and this makes it easy for them.

Maybe you can even introduce a tab system per plugin slot?

Edit: moved to the issue tracker: http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=701
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

SoundCrafter

Yeah, that'd be a great idea.  Maybe we could also have a graphic system for creating plugin chains, like BeRo Tracker.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

LPChip

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Yeah, that'd be a great idea.  Maybe we could also have a graphic system for creating plugin chains, like BeRo Tracker.

That has been requested before, but for now we'll leave it as it is, cus thats a big change, and quite hard one also.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Very nice idea, a plugins tab. Progresses the survey of the different elements of the song.