How do I extract instruments from soundfonts correctly?

Started by Joshiii-Kun, August 20, 2006, 14:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKatz

QuoteHow about extracting only the left channel of the instrument, and use CDExtract to get the stereo samples, then replace the mono samples with the stereo ones?

Bloody Hell... Now why couldnt I think of that. Good Show! Really useful program I must say. Thanks Mister X!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Snu

Quote from: "LPChip"How about extracting only the left channel of the instrument, and use CDExtract to get the stereo samples, then replace the mono samples with the stereo ones?
wow, talk about horribly complicated... still tho, its better than extracting the samples and manually rebuilding the instruments from scratch (which i have done several times).

LPChip

I've once tried it too, so I know how tough that job is.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

QuoteI've once tried it too, so I know how tough that job is.

Ive converted probably over 100 instruments, and since theyre mostly classical, some of the ranges span the full 8 octaves. I have some instruments that span almost 50 samples.

I aim for the most realistic sound possible. So no pain, no game.
------------------------------

On a seperate issue, sometimes in the Awave studio, it saves the instruments in too high an octave on the keyboard... would anyone know how to adjust in MPT by somehow dragging all the note references to a lower octave ( or alternatively doing it in Awave) instead of re-assigning each sample?
Sonic Brilliance Studios

LPChip

Your best aim is in Awave. I've converted a piano SF2 to .iti once, and had the same thing. I first though that the samples could be pitched, but that sounded so wrong. Then I did it in Awave and it was good. Awave had assigned the wrong samples with the keys, but the sounds of them were good. If you pitch down the samples, they will sound lq because they are slower than they suppose to be. You can relink all the samples, but thats a pain to do in MPT.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

the pitches are all fine, its just that if I convert in Awave a flute  ( for example) and since a flute is a higher instrument, it will reference it to play the lowest note on octave 5... I want it to be referenced at octave 4... for my own convenience. So the referencing is fine I just want to drag somehow everying an octave lower... and the only solution I can see is re-linking in modplug.
Sonic Brilliance Studios

LPChip

Joshiii-Kun

Ooh, I somehow forgot about this topic XD
Hmm thanks for the information, y'all.