How to make chip samples?

Started by kaiplak, August 04, 2006, 23:44:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

2 speed-goddamn-focus
It's about the actual energy and the DC-bias indeed. And how to get the most out of it.
Recordings with microphones are notorious as files with DC-levels non-zero centered.
One of the first things which must be corrected, before working with the content.

2 rewbs
Excellent link to the physics of the actual speakers. This is probably the cause for the "sharper" issue.

As we speak : A tool I use to tune the balance between positive and negative power in a waveform : Peak Limiter
Nagware with some refusing of odd wav-formats. A matter of percentages.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"Its one sample, but sure.

I'll do it when I get home. If I forgot, please remind me :)

You forgot.

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"

You forgot.

Right...  ::)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"

You forgot.

You forgot again.  :wink:

LPChip

Quote from: "LPChip"

You forgot.

You forgot again.  :wink:

Riiiiiiiight... Thanks for the reminder. this time though, I read it at home, so here is the link :)

http://lpchip.com/sharing/sine.zip

PS: if you edit the song, unmute 2nd channel:P does sound quite neat :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"Riiiiiiiight... Thanks for the reminder. this time though, I read it at home, so here is the link :)

http://lpchip.com/sharing/sine.zip

PS: if you edit the song, unmute 2nd channel:P does sound quite neat :P

well, the sounds are really deep and MPT sucks at resampling them, but apart from that they're not (close to) perfect sines so I don't think the sound comes from the DC offset.