OpenMPT - help file issue

Started by apple-joe, May 26, 2006, 16:02:08

Previous topic - Next topic

apple-joe

Help file missing in OpenMPT - is it a phenomena only I experience, or is it a common problem? I just unzipped the OpenMPT file and when trying to open the help file it says that the "mptrack_Generic.HLP" is not to be found in my OpenMPT directory.

Honestly speaking, the reason that I wanted the help file is hereby dead, as I
just worked out how to use VSTs in Modplug, but there is still something mysterious about the abscence of the help file. Even google provided zero results when searching for "mptrack_Generic.HLP".

EDIT: Time for some further whining...

More OpenMPT issue. I've been playing around with the old versions too long.

OpenMPT problems:

- When pressing the UP arrow, the cursos doesn't move up as I press. It moves one row up. (yet, while I press the DOWN arrow, the cursos, for some reason moves down!)

- In the older version of MPT, when marking a note in a row, ie. G#3, both the note and the instrument number (ie. 01) was deleted. Now, the instrument number is still there after deleting.

- Another issue: When I start playing the track, it takes a few more moments before it starts. It's both slower than the previous version I used, and MadTracker, just for the mentioning. I know there has to be a setting to adjust (cache, memory, etc - I got to explore)

- When loading certain sound fonts in VST plug-in's, it says that the memory is too low.

I'm sure I am the problem and not the tracker - I just wanted to mention this in order to get some suggestions.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "apple-joe"Help file missing in OpenMPT - is it a phenomena only I experience, or is it a common problem? I just unzipped the OpenMPT file and when trying to open the help file it says that the "mptrack_Generic.HLP" is not to be found in my OpenMPT directory.
The help file is not present in new releases, but I think the help file of 1.16 can be used in the new builds by copying the help file(mptrack.hlp) to the folder where the new exe-file is, and renaming the helpfile according to the exe-file; e.g. if using
mptrack_generic.exe, mptrack.hlp -> mptrack_generic.hlp

Quote from: "apple-joe"OpenMPT problems:

- When pressing the UP arrow, the cursos doesn't move up as I press. It moves one row up. (yet, while I press the DOWN arrow, the cursos, for some reason moves down!)
A keyconfig problem? (http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=546.0&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

Quote from: "apple-joe"
- In the older version of MPT, when marking a note in a row, ie. G#3, both the note and the instrument number (ie. 01) was deleted. Now, the instrument number is still there after deleting.
This can be solved by assigning the delete-key to 'Clear field(it style)' instead of plain 'Clear field'. Can be found under 'Pattern Editor - General'

Quote from: "apple-joe"- When loading certain sound fonts in VST plug-in's, it says that the memory is too low.
I face this one quite often too - usually they load fine after trying a few times.

apple-joe

Great, great, great - I'll check it out.

apple-joe

I used to struggle with those problems, however, all of which are now solved thanks to the assistance provided here. Thank you vey much, now I'll finally give OpenMPT a chance, and perhaps work with better sounds (ie. VSTs) on a more regular level.

Relabsoluness

Still about the problem
Quote from: "apple-joe"When loading certain sound fonts in VST plug-in's, it says that the memory is too low.
There is an answer for that at least for one 'soundfont vst' in sfz faq (see question "I have plenty of memory in my PC, and sfz says 'there's not enough memory'")