Arrow Key support + handling of marking & copying

Started by Coder, May 04, 2006, 18:57:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Coder

Hi
I do not know how to describe.
It seems that nothing happened in developement for longer time.

What I mourn is that when holding down the "UP Arror Key" for a few seconds, open MPT evelvates the cursor one row.
And when pressing again - one row higher. and so on.
But can anybody compile a version that - if I hold down the "UP" key pressed - that the cursor moves as long as I press?
=> increases handling.
Also it makes sense to enable the function to mark some cells when pressing Arrowkyes while holding down the "SHIFT"-Key.

As it all was usuable in that older version of
"Wild MPT Version 2.00 or 4.10.1.1 from February 23th 2004 *Rewbs, PlastikSkouser "
Do You remember?

In Version 1.17 RC2 You can only use the mouse to mark (to copy/cut) more cells than one.
When pressing the arrowkey while holding down the "Shift"-Key - nothing happens. The cursor does not move any further.
And that is reduced function - less than earlier before.
Editing by Keyboard is much faster I guess.

Can anybody contact some developers and ask for "debugging, please "?

I am sorry - I cannot read/compile c++.
And this is no criticism at the developers.
But I think these are necessary features.

So,
best regards.

Important: Sorry, I am using an older PC with Duron 800 (no XP64 and Pentium4) - is it possible to compile a called "Generic Version" , too ?
Thanks

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Coder"It seems that nothing happened in developement for longer time.
Last development build is from 2006/04/11 - less than month ago. But of course that can be considered 'longer time' :)

Quote from: "Coder"What I mourn is that when holding down the "UP Arror Key" for a few seconds, open MPT evelvates the cursor one row.
And when pressing again - one row higher. and so on.
But can anybody compile a version that - if I hold down the "UP" key pressed - that the cursor moves as long as I press?
If I press up key, the cursor goes up as long as it can and as long as I press it. Do you have 'On key Hold' checked in key config for the up key?

Coder

mhh, ok - and a had an older Version...
sorry, did not see that  - thought the 1.17 RC2 was the newest.

mhh, no I did not activate that in config..

ahh, WORKS - Great! Lovely !
Why did they take it out from standard settings?

TANKS !!!

rewbs

The selection with cursor keys + shift also works over here and is almost definitely a config issue on your side too.

Edit:
QuoteImportant: Sorry, I am using an older PC with Duron 800 (no XP64 and Pentium4) - is it possible to compile a called "Generic Version" , too ?
We already do a generic version with no CPU-specific compiler optimisations.  See http://modplug.sourceforge.net/builds/ . But maybe I'm misunderstanding and you're asking for something different?

habys

ooh, i have been missing this "on key hold" thanks for bringing this up!
--------------------------------
And I do hope that you have
a Sound Blaster Pro because
I tried to make this song
as much stereo as possble.