Disable follow song so cursor doesn't move, but still scroll?

Started by Elvisish, March 28, 2023, 21:21:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvisish

Is it possible to still have the song scroll if Follow Song is disabled? I need Follow Song off so I can use Play Song From Cursor/Pause and have the song always start from the same position, but it would be very convenient if the song could still scroll so I can see how it looks as it plays.

Saga Musix

That's not currently possible. It would be quite a big rework since conceptually the scroll position is always bound to the cursor position.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Maybe an option is to add it the way Impulse Tracker did.

You had 2 keys you could define.
1: Mark current position as bookmark
2: Play from bookmark.

You could then move the cursor and play from that earlier position regardless of what the cursor does.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Elvisish

Quote from: LPChip on April 03, 2023, 15:16:07Maybe an option is to add it the way Impulse Tracker did.

You had 2 keys you could define.
1: Mark current position as bookmark
2: Play from bookmark.

You could then move the cursor and play from that earlier position regardless of what the cursor does.
That would be very useful! I'm using the new Play Song From Cursor/Pause, maybe if there was a new Play Song From Bookmark/Pause key, that could be used to mark the bookmark and play from that?

Saga Musix

While there are no bookmarks, you can restrict playback to a set of order positions (through the order list context menu) or even just a selection of rows (pattern editor context menu). All playback shortcuts adhere to this selection (e.g. Play/Stop will start playing from the start of that selection and not from the first pattern). Maybe that's close enough?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.