A familiar logo...

Started by Saga Musix, February 22, 2023, 13:38:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

n0cturn

Some of us dont use facebook so cant see what you present without comment. Am i looking for a black cat in a dark room?

Saga Musix

I'm firmly in that "some of us" camp, yet it is not preventing me from seeing the post...?

Anyway, here is a screen grab. For context, this appears to be a random mobile phone shop somewhere in India.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

n0cturn

I just get a log in page with facebook posts, Maybe they just dont like me, but more likely down to my web settings blocking everything.

Now youve switched the light on i can clearly see what you mean, its uncanny.

Saga Musix

I'm particularly astonished by the audacity of not just downloading a random logo from the internet and reusing it, but also getting a neon sign made from it to put on a storefront. And nobody wondering in the process, "why is there an audio jack in the logo?"

n0cturn

We need someone with a facebook account to point it out on their site, not that it will make any difference, they probably paid some design company a fortune to 'design' their company logo.

On the brighter side... Mod plug was here way before and will probably still be here long after that shop is boarded up and forgotten (thats enough of my brighter side)

Saga Musix

I have my doubts the shop still exists. Their website (mobileparadise.in) is down, and they stopped posting on Facebook in 2020.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they didn't pay a design company (looks like a very small store and the logo type doesn't look very professional either) but just googled for an "MP" logo, found this one and started using it without thinking about it twice.

Here's a cleaner picture of their storefront: https://5bestincity.com/listimg/India/bhopal-mp/Mobile-Paradise-Shopping-Mobile-stores-Bhopal-Madhya-Pradesh.jpg

Anyway, just to make it clear - I'm not angry about this or anything, it's not even our current logo. I just find it rather funny.

RyanBram

In some countries, including the one where I live, especially with limited English language skills and many people who are less tech-savvy, it's easy to find stores like the one above that don't bother too much with logo design.

On the bright side, the OpenMPT logo design is considered good enough to represent the store's brand.  ;D

LDAsh

Sure, imitation is the highest form of flattery!
Maybe the true outrage is "What!?  Damn, WE don't even have a neon sign..."

n0cturn

Having looked at the links posted by Rakib, my sunny disposition (what?) has changed slightly, its clear this company is very brand aware so stealing someone elses logo is not on. A logo is more recognisable than the name of a company in a lot of cases... think Windows, Apple and Mcdonalds

Vojvodinosaurus

maybe the music that was playing in the store was made in ompt  ???
imagine they just dled entire saga musix discography  :P
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Saga Musix

I think the most hilarious part is that they did actually touched up the logo by bringing it up to date for the 21st century (well, until everyone copied Apple) by turning the audio jack into a TRRS jack. In the original, it's a regular stereo TRS jack.

Vad1m_1719

I'm the BLACK KNIGHT. I'm designing Text-Based GUI, see my header hacks

Rakib

Pretty sure they didnt have vkontakte page, but vpn should work. Or the best alternative, stop war.
^^