External samples - how to pack back into mod for portability

Started by violgamba, January 09, 2023, 07:30:24

Previous topic - Next topic

violgamba

If I have a .MPTM file with external samples and I want to send it to someone else, or use it in libopenmpt, how can I make a copy of the file with the external samples internalized?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, but I've been searching for a while.

Saga Musix

You have to uncheck the "keep sample data on disk" checkbox for those samples. You can Shift-click the checkbox to make it apply to all samples at the same time.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

violgamba

Thanks!  I did notice that a while back, but the checkbox was disabled at the time for some reason.  It's working now, though.

Saga Musix

If it's disabled, it means that this particular sample cannot be turned into an external (because no file path is provided for the sample), or because the currently edited format does not support external samples.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

violgamba