Recording Simultaneous Parameter Changes

Started by dem1, August 11, 2022, 00:29:44

Previous topic - Next topic

dem1

Hello,

Suppose I have an instrument plugin.
Its interface is four knobs, which I may twiddle simultaneously.
As far as I can tell, when recording, PC notes are only recorded for one knob.
Is there some additional setup I can do to have it record each knob's value recorded as PC notes in their own channel?

If that's not possible, what's the most idiomatic way I can modify the plugin so that performances may be recorded in OpenMPT?
I've thought about having the plugin emit MIDI messages whenever the knobs are twiddled, then using OpenMPT's MIDI mapping so that playback will trigger the same parameter changes up to quantization. It's not clear to me if that's the intended way to do it, and if so, how to best assign channels and controllers.

Saga Musix

Indeed there is no multi-channel recording available at the moment for PC events, and there isn't really any idiomatic way to achieve this for this reason. As multichannel recording is already possible for notes, I guess one possible way to achieve this in the future would be to extend this mechanism to PC events.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

dem1

That's good to know, thanks!
I've taken the liberty of adding a feature request to the issue tracker.

chr15m

dem1 Could you link to the feature request? I was just about to ask for this same feature!

chr15m

Ah, I found it here: https://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=1622

Looks like it's already been fixed and merged, wow!