(trance-house) fried fridge magnet (ogg)

Started by Exhale, July 17, 2022, 06:54:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Exhale

Vojvodinosaurus

That was a really good groove! May i ask which plugins you used?
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Exhale

Quote from: Vojvodinosaurus on July 17, 2022, 15:42:13
That was a really good groove! May i ask which plugins you used?

Sure... It is quite a list so i'll list the unique names not in any particular order:

paramEq
Flanger
t-force trance gate 2
echo
Equilibre
13DL2reverb
easygater
Compressor
BIGROOMKIXSYNTH
Kick n Snare EX
dblue Glitch
Cymbalistic
Quilcom B-2 CYMBALLIC
Unlimited

and at the end I put Dust Analyzer so I can see things to make changes and because I always do at the end of my tunes, it just looks great :D

I made my own supersaw for the atmospheric "strings" in the background (drew a saw in ompt and used the + command on a few channels at the start of making the track and rendered it to a sample) but other than that, almost everything else comes from the plugins and OPL instruments, I did grab a singular crash which I used as that cymb/snare thing about a third of the way in and I got a high hat (wanted a hh to compliment the opl I made that sounds like a wooden thing), both from my collection of sound fonts.

Some more info, obviously a bunch of these are used multiple times - and despite writing "in no particular order" what I listed here is the order, but without any doubles that they appear in my list... everthing up to the easygater is mastering the OPLs then after that I have the other instruments including most of the samples. The unlimited is used as my final limiter / compressor.

Vojvodinosaurus

For some reason I just can't get that many effects to work in my songs in openmpt, and when it comes to vst instruments i mostly use Synth1. In fact pretty much all of my openmpt songs that have vst use synth1 and/or odsay and i generally barely use any effects at all, unlike in LMMS where i have more control over LADSPA and vst effects.
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE

Exhale

Quote from: Vojvodinosaurus on July 17, 2022, 19:01:56
For some reason I just can't get that many effects to work in my songs in openmpt, and when it comes to vst instruments i mostly use Synth1. In fact pretty much all of my openmpt songs that have vst use synth1 and/or odsay and i generally barely use any effects at all, unlike in LMMS where i have more control over LADSPA and vst effects.

Well I am doing it in 32bit ompt, since all my vsts are 32bit... maybe we on the forums here can give you some advice, or maybe I can... tell us what version of ompt you are using, your OS, the specs of your rig, and your soundcard settings in ompt...
For example, I am on a laptop, windows 8 64bit, 16 gig ram, intel core i7-5500u 2.4GHz 2.4GHz
on OMPT 32bit latest stable release
wasapi, default, latency : 2ms, period : 5ms, Format 48000Hz Stereo
with boost thread priority on.
This is a few years old laptop, so you very likely have a better machine than me, so maybe it would help to match my OMPT settings and see what you get.
But if you have a worse machine, then I can say one trick that works even for my XP laptop (much much older than this) is to work on a lower Format - for example on that one I tend to up the latency and period (often as far as it will go) and take the format to 22050Hz (you can always set this higher for export, but I often didnt, because I prefer to hear what I am going to export, and 22050 actually sounds pretty good in my opinion) and yeah I had loads of vsts working on that XP laptop at once, and some 32 bit vsts I just cant get working on modern systems unfortunately.

Vojvodinosaurus

tnx for advice, but i prefer to make simpler stuff on openmpt and more complex on traditional daw like lmms
!IMPORTANT!

Exhale

Quote from: Vojvodinosaurus on July 17, 2022, 19:43:44
tnx for advice, but i prefer to make simpler stuff on openmpt and more complex on traditional daw like lmms
:) I am glad to help, and I always say, use what works best for you...
I presume you export the instruments as separate "stems" and then work in lmms?
I have traditional daws, lmms and a few others, but I dont really understand them... tracking just works best for me over-all I find and it is certainly helpful to have it all in one file in the end of the day.
I admit lmms confuses me and I have semi recently started experimenting on bitwig and I always mean to export stems and take them into something like bitwig, but then I get everything I feel I need done in OMPT and then there it is. Heh... I guess since I have been using OMPT most of my life and it took me a long time to learn how to get it done, but also now it all just seems to come as second nature to me, so I just stick with it... There is plenty to learn with new vsts in my book, learning a whole new system underneath the vsts just feels like a waste of time, although I can certainly see some of the value in the power that something like bitwig has.

Vojvodinosaurus

I'm in my music production hobby for about 3 years with some hiatuses bc life issues so no wonder my songs still sound nooby
and no i don't export instruments from mpt to lmms, i just do one type of music on lmms and the other on openmpt
!IMPORTANT!

Exhale

Quote from: Vojvodinosaurus on July 18, 2022, 11:43:48
I'm in my music production hobby for about 3 years with some hiatuses bc life issues so no wonder my songs still sound nooby
and no i don't export instruments from mpt to lmms, i just do one type of music on lmms and the other on openmpt

While 3 years is nothing to sniff at, I admit I have been making tracked digital music since I was 14 years old (Impulse tracker first and then eventually I moved to OMPT) which makes it about 25 years now, and yeah - on and off - life does its thing and we have to just get on with it. One thing people have these days that I regret I didnt is the wealth of online resources, and frankly I have only recently begun learning the things I have always wanted to understand thanks to places like youtube and in a small part facebook, where I can learn from other musicians. The internet had barely begun when I started tracking :)
Which is why these forums are important for OMPT and tracking in general. Here we are a community who can help each other, even if a lot of us keep to ourselves most of the time.