Open ModPlug Player

Started by sunshine, February 08, 2020, 20:48:00

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine

Quote from: Merlyn6175 on February 19, 2022, 19:32:38
these a little bug in the time, once a track loops to the start it jumps between 2 time. sometimes it fixes itself after a few seconds.
Can you please describe this bug more clearly? How can I reproduce it? May it be related to loop of the song? It is very important to reproduce it.
If you mean the time display bug, it is a known bug, I will fix it later.

Quote from: Merlyn6175 on February 19, 2022, 19:32:38
Keep up the good work.
Thanks for your precious comments.

sunshine

By the way, all the missing features will be implemented on the next alpha versions. If you want to increase the priority of a feature, please write here.
I am planning to enable color gradient selections, spectrum analyzer and vu-meter preferences on the setup window.

For project management (bug tracking, new features, etc.), I created a YouTrack project page. In the future, the bugs can be tracked from that page. Its address is https://modplugplayer.youtrack.cloud

Merlyn6175

QuoteIf you mean the time display bug, it is a known bug, I will fix it later.

sorry I didn't descried it well, its just the time display which you know about.  :)

For me personally its the Playlist and Sound resolution.
I like to load every mod/xm etc from my library, Play and carry on with my work. Having a resolution higher then the original Modplug players 16bit 48Khz would be great.

But this is your project, so do it the way makes you happy. As I will enjoy testing every release.

sunshine

Quote from: Merlyn6175 on February 20, 2022, 09:50:25
QuoteIf you mean the time display bug, it is a known bug, I will fix it later.

sorry I didn't descried it well, its just the time display which you know about.  :)

For me personally its the Playlist and Sound resolution.
I like to load every mod/xm etc from my library, Play and carry on with my work. Having a resolution higher then the original Modplug players 16bit 48Khz would be great.

But this is your project, so do it the way makes you happy. As I will enjoy testing every release.

Thanks dear friend. This is not just my project, this is everybody's project, so this is also your project. All the recommendations and comments are welcome.
I am planning to remove sound card settings from ModPlug player and move sound card settings to a plug-in. I will add sound output plug-in support. Its format will not be the same as Winamp's sound output plug-in format, because its interface is written in C. ModPlug Player will support plug-in interface in C++ (and it will be portable between different compilers). Because of this plan, I postponed sound card works.
I will implement playlist feature after then spectrum analyzer and vu-meter color gradient settings works are done.

Boost's DLL library (the name of the library is DLL) supports C++ plug-in interface. I am planning to use Boost's DLL library for ModPlug Player's plug-in architecture.

sunshine

PlayList editor of ModPlugPlayer is almost ready. We will have our new PlayList Editor on the new alpha version.
New features of PlayList Editor:
* Drag&drop support: Single and multiple files can be dropped to the playlist editor by dragging the files from anywhere. Drag and drop can also be done between playlist items by dragging the items by mouse. Multiple files can be selected and moved by mouse.
* Multiple selected files can be removed from the PlayList once.
* Drop indicator line is shown when dragging the files from outside of PlayList or moving the playlist items. Qt's drop indicator is buggy; therefore, I wrote drop indicator from scratch.
* PlayList can also be closed by clicking PlayList button on the player, and the LED on the player stays on while playlist is open.

I added a screenshot, but this is very early screenshot. Its view will change so much. Header arrangement will be done, more buttons will be added, buttons will be like LED buttons of the player, playlist colors will be the same as the player colors. On the screenshot, gray text represents file name (with optionally its path), black text on the gray text represents the title of the music.

I also added the source codes of PlayListWidget component to GitHub.

Merlyn6175

Its gone quiet here, hope your OK. I know when I did a bit of programming, projects got started and sometime I was never motivated to complete them due to life priorities.

Here is his GitHub page https://github.com/ModPlugPlayer/ModPlugPlayer
It looks like he hasn't done anything on Github since Oct 26 2022. I hope he is okay.