How to make this sound?

Started by Bucket, April 13, 2022, 07:52:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucket

How do I make this happy hardcore saw lead in openmpt? (0:00-0:37)

https://youtu.be/iU8QLk2P71k

or better question, how would you normally make a happy hardcore saw lead? i am having a hard time finding free happy hardcore VSTs and/or free individual "saw lead notes" so I am attempting to make my own (attempting)
:D

Saga Musix

Quotei am having a hard time finding free happy hardcore VSTs
Just a general hint: Plugins advertised towards a specific niche genre are usually a dead-end, because they are extremely limiting. They are rarely the original source of "signature sounds", and more like a "best-of compilation" that can often not be customized properly, leading to every song using them sounding more or less the same.

That being said, any virtual analog synth that has a supersaw implementation should be able to produce that sound or an approximation of it. It's not much more than two layered supersaw sounds spread one octave apart, maybe with a bit of distortion on top.

Here's an approximation thrown together with Synth1 in a couple of minutes. You can definitely get closer than that with a bit more work or with other synths. Create a Synth1 instance in OpenMPT and load the FXP file through the menu bar. Play in octaves.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Bucket

Quote from: Saga Musix on April 13, 2022, 09:00:08

Just a general hint: Plugins advertised towards a specific niche genre are usually a dead-end, because they are extremely limiting. They are rarely the original source of "signature sounds", and more like a "best-of compilation" that can often not be customized properly, leading to every song using them sounding more or less the same.

That being said, any virtual analog synth that has a supersaw implementation should be able to produce that sound or an approximation of it. It's not much more than two layered supersaw sounds spread one octave apart, maybe with a bit of distortion on top.

Here's an approximation thrown together with Synth1 in a couple of minutes. You can definitely get closer than that with a bit more work or with other synths. Create a Synth1 instance in OpenMPT and load the FXP file through the menu bar. Play in octaves.

Wow this is extremely helpful thank you! And thanks for the general hint! ;D
:D