It is posible get mod plug tracker in cd rom or dvd?

Started by AlvaroR, April 12, 2022, 18:43:31

Previous topic - Next topic

AlvaroR

The other day i had a answer, if it is posible get in dvd rom or  cd rom the program mpt, get in phisic format, buy in the web site for example.

Saga Musix

No, even if there was demand for it it would be mostly pointless because OpenMPT gets updated on a monthly basis. By the time the CDs were pressed or burned, they'd be already out of date! Why would you want a CD of OpenMPT?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

AlvaroR

Now i get the audiovisual software in dvd or cd, photoshop,vegas video,etc...it is only curiosity, the idea to have the program to use in dvd. The actualy system program to audiovisual have a license system, i think you can buy the software one time & use always. But now, in the actuality there are a lot of system to download & license in a few time ( 10,20,30 weeks). I use mpt to create music, i like this. I use the web system to have the ultimate program, but my mode to work it is funcionaly whit the mpt 2000-2005. I wish are good in this forum & web.

Saga Musix

All of that is paid software. For a free software project like OpenMPT it's simply not feasible to distribute software through physical media, even if we wanted to. The only way it would be monetary feasible would be manually burning a CD every time someone asks for it, and quite frankly I think that time is better spent actually developing the software.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.