How to make a fade effect?

Started by PELMENATOR, January 24, 2022, 09:36:33

Previous topic - Next topic

PELMENATOR

I really need help.
I can't figure out how to make the notes fade out gradually or very quickly (not instantly).
I've been looking for an answer to my question for a long time and I still can't find the answer, I'm in complete despair, I ask you to help :'(

Saga Musix

Have a look at the Effect Reference for the format you are working with, specifically the Volume Slide commands. For MOD/XM, you will probably want to use command Axy or commands EAx/EBx and for IT/S3M/MPTM command Dxy. Let us know if anything is still unclear after reading the descriptions there.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

PELMENATOR

Quote from: Saga Musix on January 24, 2022, 09:47:14
Have a look at the Effect Reference for the format you are working with, specifically the Volume Slide commands. For MOD/XM, you will probably want to use command Axy or commands EAx/EBx and for IT/S3M/MPTM command Dxy. Let us know if anything is still unclear after reading the descriptions there.

Ok, thanks alot!
It helped  :D

LPChip

Another approach can be to use instrument envelopes or use instrument fade-out parameter with New Note action set to fade or continue.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs