how do i get this back?

Started by Slint_, December 28, 2021, 21:27:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Slint_

i started using openmpt and im liking it so far but 2 days ago i deleted one of the sections that came with openmpt by accident and it had the general setup option in it so im stuck at the moment. is there any other way to set to default it again?

Saga Musix

The missing channel plugin sections can be restored by clicking the "FX" icon in the toolbar above the pattern.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Slint_

i did as what you said and it didn't bring it back, i also attempted to uninstall and reinstall openmpt but its still the same. still gonna read the toolbar link you provided me

Exhale

This is a very strange thing to happen, I have never seen anything like it. If you remember, can you maybe elaborate on exactly what "section" you deleted? Did you delete some folders in the ompt install? I am just trying to picture how this could happen and do my best to avoid it.

One thing I can suggest when it comes to re-installing modplug, is you could try doing an install of the portable version in a new directory entirely, that might be a completely different install and not subject to changes you did to your main install...
If this doesnt help, I am sorry, this is completely baffling me.

https://openmpt.org/download_file.php?file=OpenMPT-1.30.01.00-portable-x86.zip (32bit)
https://openmpt.org/download_file.php?file=OpenMPT-1.30.01.00-portable-amd64.zip (64bit)

Saga Musix

Quote from: Slint_ on December 29, 2021, 01:55:35
i did as what you said and it didn't bring it back
What did happen when you clicked that button? It's technically impossible that nothing changed.

Quotei also attempted to uninstall and reinstall openmpt but its still the same. still gonna read the toolbar link you provided me.
The uninstaller asks you if you want to delete all settings. If you don't confirm that question, reinstalling the application will indeed show no change becuase the old settings will still be there. A less drastic way way to achieve the same thing would be to go to Help -> Show Settings Folder, close OpenMPT and then delete mptrack.ini in that folder, which would also reset all settings.

All that being said, it's not recommended to use channel-assigned plugins anyway, so when / if you start using plugins you should directly assign them to instruments anyway, and hence the channel effects display isn't all that necessary.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: Slint_ on December 28, 2021, 21:27:07
one of the sections that came with openmpt by accident and it had the general setup option in it so im stuck at the moment. is there any other way to set to default it again?
I wonder if this refers to the main tool bar? If so, can be brought back from View -> Toolbars -> Main (or by right clicking around the menu items and choosing from there)

Saga Musix

Right, that is also missing. Next time, a more complete description than "the thing that's missing on the screenshot" would be very helpful. OpenMPT is a very configurable software so it's not always immediately clear what you might be asking for.

Slint_

Quote from: Saga Musix on December 29, 2021, 22:24:54
Right, that is also missing. Next time, a more complete description than "the thing that's missing on the screenshot" would be very helpful. OpenMPT is a very configurable software so it's not always immediately clear what you might be asking for.

hi apologies for not replying sooner but i did use view > toolbar > main and it worked, apologies that i wasnt specific enough to express my issue here. as for how i got rid of it at all i just accidentally resized it and i didnt how i did it so i exited the main toolbar and thought it would restart when i started it up again. i have yet to also get any plugins for openmpt so i guess that explains why the fx button did nothing. thank you for the help