Drum samples not being imported from sf2 soundfonts

Started by Newbie, June 07, 2021, 01:08:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Lately OpenMPT 1.29.09 and OpenMPT 1.29.10 are acting strange, when I choose "Import Midi Library" and choose a soundfont and then import a midi file the drum samples of the soundfont are not being imported from the soundfont, I have tried 3 different soundfonts. Does anyone have any idea's as to why this is happening?

Saga Musix

It would be really helpful to provide an example soundfont the problem is happening with, as I cannot see the issue here.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Your absolutely right, I'm on windows 10 and the soundfonts I'm using are: 4GMGSMT.SF2, GeneralUserGS144.sf2 and GeneralUser GS v1.471.sf2

Saga Musix

Thanks, I can reproduce the issue with GeneralUser now. You can track the work on this bug in this issue: https://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=1457
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

It seems to me that everything worked okay before the most recent windows 10 update, people have been mentioning problems with windows update kb5003214 and kb5003254 so it could have something to do with that.

Saga Musix

No, Windows updates cannot cause such a change. This was a change in OpenMPT soundfont parsing, which was already broken in OpenMPT 1.28, it's just broken differently in OpenMPT 1.29 now.

I noticed that OpenMPT isn't importing the names of the percussion instruments either, that must also have to do with the way the soundfonts are being parsed.