OPL Instrument breaks shortcuts for other windows

Started by FWL, October 18, 2020, 20:33:46

Previous topic - Next topic

FWL

Hello Saga,

When I select an OPL instrument instead of a sample in the sample editor, the shortcuts for navigating to the other views (alt-P, G, N and C ) are not working Alt - I does work and when you then return to the OPL view all the shorcuts work again like they suppose to do. I think this is a bug? If so should I report this in the issue tracker?

By the way I really like the new triangle indicators for the samplecues! I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but I have one GUI related suggestion. Would it be possible to als have a guideline projected on the samplewaveform, so you can position the cue more accurately? When I needed this I ussually made the cue points in wavosaur because wavosaur marker are recognized as cue points in openmpt.

Saga Musix

QuoteWhen I select an OPL instrument instead of a sample in the sample editor, the shortcuts for navigating to the other views (alt-P, G, N and C ) are not working Alt - I does work and when you then return to the OPL view all the shorcuts work again like they suppose to do. I think this is a bug? If so should I report this in the issue tracker?
I cannot reproduce that, the shortcuts work just fine here. So yes, please file a bug report with exact steps to reproduce the issue.

QuoteBy the way I really like the new triangle indicators for the samplecues! I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but I have one GUI related suggestion. Would it be possible to als have a guideline projected on the samplewaveform, so you can position the cue more accurately? When I needed this I ussually made the cue points in wavosaur because wavosaur marker are recognized as cue points in openmpt.
In general that would be useful, yes, but I think especially with the default cue points that are present in every sample for backwards compatibility, the view would be very cluttered if those lines were always shown. I think it could be useful to display them only while moving a specific cue point, as that is the time when it's most crucial to see the exact position of the cue point. What do you think?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FWL

I made a bug report in the issue tracker. I think it has to do with the fact that the checkbox ' additive synthesis' gets the focus. When you press tab to lose the focus everything works again.

And yes, that would be the most elegant solution, when a cue point is selected with the mouse a guideline becomes visible in the waveform-view.