We're using OpenMPT for our synth demo!

Started by phanoo, January 19, 2020, 23:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

phanoo

I've been using OpenMPT for approximately 15 years now, it was named Modplug Tracker back in the days and was developed by Olivier Lapicque before its source code was released...

After composing a lot of tunes with OpenMPT I developed my own tracker for fun (FM Composer, there is a topic about it on this forum) then I started working on the Kodamo EssenceFM, a big hardware synthesizer, designed to be the most powerful and easy to use FM synthesizer available today... And I'm still using OpenMPT to make its demo songs! You can see it running in background on the video, controlling the synth via a MIDI interface :)

I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to the OpenMPT development. That's a collaborative work of very talented people that managed to keep this project alive and take the right decisions.

Still ruling in 2020 ;)

Saga Musix

Very nice! And of course there's the obligatory "what software is this?" comment while it's clearly mentioned in the video itself. :D

Do you know yet if you will be exhibiting it at Superbooth 2020?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

phanoo

Probably not this year, but we'll be at SynthFest on May 22-23-24th (France).
Also the synth will be exhibited in several music shops in the UK, France, Spain, Germany... in the upcoming months ;)

Saga Musix

Ah, too bad. :) I guess Thomann would be among the shops in Germany? That would be a good excuse to finally pay them a visit. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

phanoo

I'll contact Thomann soon it depends on their conditions. For Germany, Schneidersladen (in Berlin) should have it!