One Voice Compo (1st - 15th of April)

Started by Louigi Verona, March 31, 2006, 06:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

apple-joe

Great. Let's hope I'll deliver something myself soon.

Louigi Verona

LPChip: Your tune is great! Jonne should be happy )))

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"LPChip: Your tune is great! Jonne should be happy )))

:D Thanks! I really appreciate it. The more I listen to it, the more I like it myself. But still, I know I can do better :P

EDIT: I still mis my song on that page, so here's a link: http://lpchip.com/sharing/ovc-chip.zip
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

yeah, I add all the entries I recieved in the evening, when I come home.

apple-joe

I'm listening to one of the entries now, and the level is insane. I might consider to back off from this compo, or I may end up creating something.

First, I'll have to find some good sounding samples and see if I am able to build a fundament and develop it.

More later.

georg

i'm thinking aboot pwning last place. yeah, i'ts probably mine, problem is... i forgot what teh tracker is...........

BTW, great idea for a compo.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

speed-goddamn-focus

i'm still waiting for sabotage 2.

georg

im OT

Just to quickly say that Sabotage 2, in the shape and form that it was supposed to be, is scraped. The times have changed, and the concept doesn't fit anymore. I'm not against a compo though but i have very few ideas ATM concerning what kinda damn compo it should be. Any suggestions, questions, thoughts, friendly tax-free donations, should be sent to:

karmapolice@inet.hr

PLEASE, do not reply in this thread. ty
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

Louigi Verona

apple-joe: I think you should participate even if you think that other participants' level is higher. Only that way you learn.

Also, the judges will not care if you samples are of low quality. Believe me, they will pay attention to the content only.

DavidN

The positioning of my attempt in the last competition is testament to that.

apple-joe

OK, I'll join if I come up with an idea worthy of developing.

Louigi Verona

You better come up soon with that idea :)

apple-joe

Yeah, the deadline was April 15?

Well, if I decide for a fundament, the rest of the song 'floods' out of my mind in no time. I just need to actually get started.

EDIT: I've actually come up with a rough draft now. If I'm lucky, the track will be worthy an upload after some improvement.

apple-joe

OK, I'm finally finished with a piece for the compo. The outcome is a little better than I feared it would be. I started out with a rough draft which I improved and improved during this evening. I am going to upload it, let's hope I'm not gonna regret it.

EDIT: Correction - I'll upload tomorrow after fixing some problems with the file.

apple-joe

I'm afraid I just submitted my track. My greatest concern now is the sound of the lead instrument, and whether it fits the setting.

EDIT: Lougi Verona, it wasn't my intention to spam your mail, but problems occured. The 3rd mail is the one to read.