ZyTrax, a new tracker

Started by Saga Musix, June 05, 2019, 17:46:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Coming from tracker developer veteran Reduz (of ChibiTracker and CheeseTracker fame), the first alpha release of ZyTrax, a new cross-platform tracker with plugin and automation curve support, was released today.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Will be testing out,  thanks!
^^

Midori Mizuno

Looks nice, will definitely keep an eye on this

EddieRon

Is this alpha release supposed to be at least somewhat functional? It does sound cool for sure.
I was blown away by probiotics for ibs and quicly ordered more.

Saga Musix

Sure, but you will need some plugins to get started. There is no built-in sampler which is part of the facelift concept.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Gerirish

I have seen many tracker projects being started over the years.

Some become inactive after some time, others only receive minimal updates.

There's only a handful of mature trackers with up to date functionality out there which are actively developed. OpenMPT is one of them.

I find it hard to believe that people invest their energy in creating new trackers rather than contributing to existing tracker projects where they have a foundation to start from.

Saga Musix

Again, this is quite a harsh reply. In addition to that, I think you are missing the point that reduz has already authored several popular trackers (ChibiTracker, CheeseTracker, etc.). If someone knows why they want to try making a new tracker with features not seen in other trackers before, then it's certainly him.

Gerirish

Ok, didn't know who the person behind this project is.

LovelyA72

What a neat tracker! I like how the way pitch envelope being handled in the software.
I love OpenMPT and C#...