Ultimate Tracker Base

Started by spacedrone808, February 08, 2014, 22:24:41

Previous topic - Next topic

spacedrone808

Welcome to the most comprehensive database of music tracking software on the internet.
Currently it is in an embryo condition, but i do my best to fill it with all needed information, as fast as i can.

I'm working on this project alone, so updating will be quite slow. Please, be patient.
And finally, i can rest assure you, that this insane idea will not be abandoned until all tracker programs on all available platforms released till 2020 will be fully reviewed here.

https://trackerbase.blogspot.com/

If you have any information or some suggestions don't hesitate to drop me a line via this address:
s p 8 0 8  [ a t }  d i s r o o t . o r g

spacedrone808

Woha! Some redesign : https://trackerbase.blogspot.com/
I am slowly begin to fill up database with new content and clean up the mess.

Rakib

One suggestion, could you make the site more mobile friendly
^^

spacedrone808

Thanks for suggestion - i get it!
But first priority is database fulfillment and only after that mobile interface.

Fatarse

I know of this site , it's been around along time!

Saga Musix

Nice collection.
Minor corrections:
- The last ModPlug Tracker release was, if the file date is any indication, in 2003, not 1999. It does not have any specific processor requirements, it definitely does not require a Pentium II. It should even run on a 486. It supports both PCM samples and VST (although just very basic support)
- OpenMPT has been last updated in 2017 and while "OPEN SOURCE VOLUNTEERS" as authors is technically correct, it has been manx and me who have been maintaining it for the last few years. The system requirements are Windows XP and a Pentium or better CPU (SSE is not required), Windows 9x support has been dropped.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

spacedrone808

Quote from: Fatarse on November 09, 2017, 12:53:14
I am lazy, but stubborn:)

spacedrone808

Quote from: Saga Musix on November 09, 2017, 13:31:36
Nice collection.
Minor corrections:
- The last ModPlug Tracker release was, if the file date is any indication, in 2003, not 1999. It does not have any specific processor requirements, it definitely does not require a Pentium II. It should even run on a 486. It supports both PCM samples and VST (although just very basic support)
- OpenMPT has been last updated in 2017 and while "OPEN SOURCE VOLUNTEERS" as authors is technically correct, it has been manx and me who have been maintaining it for the last few years. The system requirements are Windows XP and a Pentium or better CPU (SSE is not required), Windows 9x support has been dropped.

I get it, thanks for extended information. It is accumulated and will be added!

spacedrone808

Regarding platforms do i miss something important?
See attachment please

Saga Musix

There is a tracker for the Nintendo DS (NitroTracker), but maybe you would want to merge that with Gameboy and similar under "Handheld"? Maybe it would also make sense to split Amiga 68k into the original OCS/ECS 68000 Amigas and 680x0 with AGA, depending on how you want to categorize things.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

spacedrone808

Thanks for suggestion regarding Nintendo. Oh and I almost forget about Symbian.
As for Amiga's i think that such separation will be quite overwhelming. But, anyway, i need to think this through..

Modified database scheme below

LDAsh

I started a "list" concerning trackers on Android:-
https://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=5004.msg43245;topicseen#msg43245

So MilkyTracker is a noteworthy addition there, and perhaps "Caustic" also counts?  I didn't use it much yet but it seems worthwhile.  Pixitracker - did not impress.

I'm still checking the PlayStore regularly for anything decent, but I'm realising not everything worthwhile is actually on that stinky PlayStore, meanwhile much of useless trash is.  It's a junkyard.  I still keep hoping, though.

Fatarse

Quote from: spacedrone808 on November 09, 2017, 14:44:32
Quote from: Fatarse on November 09, 2017, 12:53:14
I am lazy, but stubborn:)

Sounds familiar hahaha this arse just sits around too long hahahaha

Wodd

Quote from: LDAshperhaps "Caustic" also counts?
I don't know if you are still working on the database. But, in case you are, you might exclude Caustic. From looking at the screenshots, it looks like it not be a music tracker, but, instead, a digital audio workstation. But, a tracker that you might consider looking at (if you haven't already) is SunVox.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

spacedrone808

Back to work.
Adding minimum one new tracker on every day basis.