Pattern context menu: Change plugin parameter

Started by FWL, September 23, 2016, 19:29:24

Previous topic - Next topic

FWL

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Change plugin parameter in the pattern context menu. I can't seem to get it to work. When I try to "re-route"  recorded parameter automation to another parameter (same plugin) it doesn't seem to change anything. Am I using it the wrong way?

I use windows 7 64 bit. OPENMPT 32 bit, no bridged plugins.

Thanks in advance!

FWL

Saga Musix

I found a silly bug in the code. It basically only works if the channel selection in which you want to apply the parameter change happens to start on the first channel. ;D
An update test version (r7160 or later) can soon be downloaded from https://buildbot.openmpt.org/builds/
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FWL

FWL

Oh, and I had another short question: is there a shortcut to toggle between the "main view" and the file tree. For example when you are in pattern view you can switch focus to the file tree? In the same way you can switch between pattern and order with Ctrl-Tab and the way you can switch between upper and lower half of the tree with Tab?

FWL

Saga Musix

No, currently not. Doesn't mean that it has to stay that way, though. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

r7161 (soon available through the same link) adds a new global shortcut, "Switch To Instrument Library" (default: Alt+I) which should do what you want. It can also be used to switch back to the last used editor window if the tree view already has focus.

FWL

Great! Thanks again!

And with the risk of "overasking" but would expanding the command "load selected sample" with ctrl - enter in the instrument library with for example shift-ctrl-enter "load selected sample in new sample slot be a feasible idea? Because in combination with the new Alt-I command you could switch back and forth between the tree and the editor while auditioning and loading samples. It would make assembling  for example a drumset out of a selection of samples very fast.

But maybe this should be posted at Feature requests?

FWL

Saga Musix

Couldn't you just use the "new sample" shortcut for that? I kinda prefer the current behaviour.

FWL

Oh yes, your right! I'm sorry i hadn't seen that option in the setup menu. So with the new Alt-I shortcut it is indeed covered.

Saga Musix

Giving it some more thought, having an extra option for Ctrl+Shift+Enter won't hurt, as the code is already there anyway, so I just added that in r7179.
(I'd wait with using the latest test versions for a day or so though, since I accidentally made editing the order list very hard. Will be fixed in a bit.)

FWL

Great! I will try the test version in a few days. The advantage of the extra option i think will be that you can audition and load multiple samples in a row while keeping focus on the tree view.

Saga Musix

All known issues are fixed as of r7188, so you just need to wait until that revision is available on buildbot. :)
There still might be a few more order list related issues here and there, so I encourage you to report those as soon as you step on them.

FWL

I've tested OpenMPT 32 bit Version 1.27.00.13-r7192 TEST and the added shortcuts are working!

One thing I've noticed though while testing is that loading samples with the shortcuts is really fast when you don't have created an instrument.

In the situation where there is an instrument it still works but on loading the sample you'll get the standard question "do you want to create a new instrument using this sample". Answering this question makes the tree lose focus. So you have to use ALt-I followed by Tab to get to the bottom-half of the tree again. So maybe in this situation, using the mouse is faster. Or is there an option to set the default to "never create an new instrument on loading sample"? 

I didn't came across any issues with the order list. All the order editing tools worked fine.

Thanks again!

Saga Musix

Oops. r7194 now gives keyboard focus back to the instrument library after a message box has popped up.

FWL