Where do I go? (really off-topic)

Started by Violette, October 24, 2007, 22:27:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Violette

It's rude to keep bothering all of you to help me identify electronica masterpieces (and I'm not in the scene, just an admirer of it), so can any of you point me in the right direction? Is there a forum or something where I could get help with unknown artists?

Sam_Zen

This is much too vague, so it's hard to be of any help.
How to identify a masterpiece ? By listening I would say.
I think Jan Boerman made some masterpieces, but this doesn't mean anything.

älskling

It's not rude at all, but I'm sure there are plenty of fora way better equipped to answer such questions than the tiny bunch that make up this forum. A google search for whatever genre you're looking for combined with "forum" or "message board" should find you more places than you could ever need. Still, I'm sure no one minds if you stick around, part of the scene or not.

Violette

Thanks, both of you.

Sam_Zen, I'm actually not "looking"; I have the masterpieces already, but I have no idea who wrote them or what they're called.

Alskling, thanks for the tip, I'll do that search :-)

Either way, if any of you are ever bored with nothing to do, you can listen to these tunes, and if you happen to know who made them, just drop me a line :) (the quality is lacking because they're from tapes)

secret
mystery
wow
bear

Sam_Zen

I see. My wrong interpretation. So let's hear it, I would say.
Even more off-topic :
If you would like to get some tips about enhancing tape recordings into digital form, just go ahead.

ps - Why saying not in the scene ? You make pieces yourself. I enjoyed Mystery, although the end is rather abrupt.
So I don't understand the 'Unknown'.

Violette

Ack.

Sam, so sorry, but that's actually another wrong interpretation.  :oops:  I do make my own music but the pieces I posted are not my own at all.
Those are just random pieces I'm in love with that  I had on some compilation tapes, and I have no idea who the artists were that wrote them. So, 'Unknown' means I don't know who wrote them.  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
But yes, 'Mystery' is lovely, isn't it?

Sam_Zen

LOL.
I listened to Melody(short). These tracks obviously are tracker modules. And indeed, it would be nice to know
who made them. Excellent work.

Saga Musix

if these are modules, they're quite good modules :D but they don't sound like tracker modules (remember, it's from a tape, and trackers were not able to produce such a sound when tapes were popular :D)
anyways, i like them, but i can't recognize any of those tunes :(
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Wow, what a coincidence. It's been 8 years to the day that I downloaded those unknown tracks... I kept them in my XMPlay playlist and whenver they were played, I searched for them again - And today I've finally found that "secret" track. It's D-Lay - Secret (Back To Reminiscence). Found it by searching for the lyrics, and surprisingly the only hit on Google were some age old newsgroup posts. ;D I know I tried this before but back then these posts were definitely not in the search index...
The "blue bear" track appears to be Little Jam - The Great Bear (Re-Edit) which I was able to verify through a music recognition tool.
Unfortunately the other tracks remain lost for now, despite sending them through music recognition services which we didn't have back then.
So, in case you are still reading the forum... enjoy =)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

4.5 years later, here's another one: "Mystery" is Incision - Techno Gong. Happy listening. :)

Bleetz

Sorry to butt in... I was after a hard trance track I heard DJ M-ZONE play in the UK in 1995. Only found it a few days ago (after 25 years) and coincidentally it was remix by "D-Lay". It is one of the best hard trance tracks I have ever heard! I have to share it on here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g87BJSpypsM

SPHINX made some great hard trance stuff in FT2 with a similar vibe that are worth checking out... :)

https://amp.dascene.net/detail.php?detail=modules&view=16253

This was big in the UK raves too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4kxUgjhaM

I should really post these to the vid section, sorry won't happen again.

Saga Musix

25 years, wow! Quite some persistence, but it was definitely worth it. ;) And Die Herdplatte is of course a real classic, too.