"Export to MIDI..." option unavailable in ModPlug 1.09

Started by ewk, September 23, 2015, 04:39:19

Previous topic - Next topic

ewk

Hello fellow trackers,
I am trying to emulate computing in 1998/99 because I am a huge nerd so I have ModPlug 1.09.0090 running on my Windows 98SE laptop. It loads and plays songs excellently but when I tried to export as MIDI, I found that the option isn't available for some reason. I tried changing the settings a bit (for example specifying my sound card) but the option remains unavailable.

Does anyone know how to get this to work? Was this feature not finished in this version?
Any help would be greatly appreciated (just don't tell me to upgrade to anything newer than 1999, i have other computers for modern stuff).

thanks  :D

Saga Musix

According to the help file, export to MIDI was implemented in MPT 1.10 (June 2000).

And yes, do upgrade to the latest version, it still runs on ancient hardware and I myself have a copy of OpenMPT 1.25 on a Win98 machine. :P OpenMPT is not all that different from what MPT was like back then.
Old ModPlug versions are known to write out malformed IT and XM files in various ways which will make e.g. resaving the files difficult in Impulse Tracker - which would have been the IT tracker of choice in 1998.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ewk

Quote from: Saga Musix on September 23, 2015, 07:31:45
According to the help file, export to MIDI was implemented in MPT 1.10 (June 2000).

And yes, do upgrade to the latest version, it still runs on ancient hardware and I myself have a copy of OpenMPT 1.25 on a Win98 machine. :P OpenMPT is not all that different from what MPT was like back then.
Old ModPlug versions are known to write out malformed IT and XM files in various ways which will make e.g. resaving the files difficult in Impulse Tracker - which would have been the IT tracker of choice in 1998.

Thanks and, like I mentioned, I already have other systems running the newest version. I attempted to get they newest version running from the start but it stated that it "required a newer Windows" like many other programs usually do except the site clearly stated that it should run on Windows 98 and newer (was gonna post about this too but apparently it works for you so it can't be the software).  ???

Saga Musix

You'll need KernelEx on Win98SE to run OpenMPT, but apart from that it runs out of the box. The installer only works on Win98SE if you explicitely tell it through KernelEx that it's running on Windows 2000 or newer, but the zip package can be used to run OpenMPT without the installer (but still with KernelEx, of course).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.