A way to see the waveform of VSTi plugins in OpenMPT?

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), November 06, 2014, 13:35:34

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I wish to see what kind of waveform Synth1 produces since having to render each change every time just gets in the way of getting anything done.
Are they any VST plugins which can show the waveform an VSTi can produce?
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I have that plugin s(m)exoscope, but the problem is, it only shows the waveform when i use samples.
Can i make it work also for VSTi plugins beside samples?

Saga Musix

Uhm, you have to route the plugin's output properly. E.g. make it a master plugin and put it in an FX slot below the VSTi, or send the VSTi's output directly to the monitoring plugin using the "Output To" dropdown list.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

The VSTi plugin system is way out of my head, but thanks.
It finaly shows the waveforms of Synth1.

Saga Musix

I'm not so sure what's complicated about these two simple things:
- The output of one plugin can be routed into the input of another plugin by using the "Output to" dropdown.
- The output of all previous plugins in the list can be routed into the input of a plugin that is set to be a master plugin.

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

About that:
- Haven't noticed (yes, im lazy).
- Didn't realized it (haven't bothered with the VSTi concept much).

LPChip

I'm a big fan of Oszillos-mega-scope, because it will combine more plugins to one instance if you use them. This allows you to view multiple waveforms and compare them on the fly. Works wonders to place an instance before and after a compressor then set them to overlap the waveform and change the colors. You can then really see what a compressor does to your waveform.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

That's wonderful. It definetively looks very promising.
But it could have been better if it wasn't needed to sign in just to get an copy.

Otherwise, good find ;).

LPChip

Oh. I must've gotten it before registration was required.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

For the record, i have signed in for that 'beta program' thingy.
But you were right, this VST is sick in a very good way :).