Can someone review my orchestra piece?

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), March 08, 2014, 22:57:10

Previous topic - Next topic

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I never studied in music schools about specifics in orchestra tracks.
So, can someone with an understanding for orchestra music write how the track seems to them?

The track was rendered in OGG Vorbis (long 33 seconds), 63kb/s, 44000Hz and is originaly an 4MB+ large XM module (long 33 seconds).

Side note: It's not my first time that i made an orchestra like track, but i never understood it in an academic like level.
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

phanoo

I'm sorry but it sounds like random notes to me :-\

All instruments seems to play in different keys

if you're a beginner maybe thinks about a key and use only those notes. (eg: C D E F G A B for C maj, G A B C D E F# for G maj...). I only compose by ear so i'm not the best in music theory and i dont like to compose this way, but if it can helps you...

You also really need a reverb VST, it'll make your sound a lot smoother

For your harp sound make a slow decay envelope and on "new action" set "note off" in the instrument tab. It will sound more natural

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

QuoteI'm sorry but it sounds like random notes to me :-\

To my ear all instruments seems to play in different keys
Thats ofcourse i don't have any real experience making orchestra tracks. And i admit that whenever i create an tack, the build i always the bigest problem.
QuoteYou also really need a reverb VST, it'll make your sound a lot smoother
Interesting. Have infact tried using an reverb plugin, but can't really get the hang of it on earphones.
QuoteFor your harp sound make a slow decay envelope and on "new action" set "note off" in the instrument tab. It will sound a lot more natural
Aside the method you mentioned, there is an similiar, but more channel consuming method for XM and MOD (noticed it later after this topic was made).
ModPlug Tracker MOD
|C-501......|...........
|...........|...........
|........A03|...........
|........A03|...........
|........A03|F-501......
|........A03|...........
|........C00|........A03
|...........|........A03
|D-501......|........A03
|...........|........A03
|........A03|........C00
|........A03|...........
|........A03|G-501......
|........A03|...........
|........C00|...........
|...........|...........
|...........|...........
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).