1.17.03.02 Channel Manager window not sized properly

Started by Harbinger, October 05, 2009, 14:35:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.3.02

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): No.

Description of the bug: Channel Manager window is not sized properly.

How often does it happen?: Always.

How to reproduce (step by step description): Open Channel Manager window. The very bottom is cut off. For now it's still usable if you know what you're clicking on.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Interesting. Is the window size stored in the .ini file?

When i downloaded 3.02, i simply switched out the two .exe's, and left everythng else the same. You think that had anything to do with it? I did think it was kinda strange, because that was one GUI you didn't modify... ::)

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I've seen programs get screwed up by this due to using a different visual style in windows. Are you using a different theme Harbinger?

EDIT: Also, changing the DPI settings in windows can screw window layouts up. X)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

I discovered that in fact 1.7.03.02 is using a new window style which has a restore and minimize/maximize button -- the previous one did not, which made the window smaller i guess. This is what's doing it.

No i'm not using a different theme within windows or mpt. I have not switched screen sizes either. I saw some of the settings in the .ini file and wondered if that controls what the window should look like.

Any suggestions?

Saga Musix

Well yes, I've changed the window style, and I've actually tried to make the window itself bigger, but the channel manager sourcecode is horrible (worse than many other parts in the MPT code IMHO), and I couldn't quite manage to find out where to increase the window size properly. And nope, the INI settings won't change anything.

Really Weird Person

Hmm, I am not exactly sure what is being hinted at here. I used one channel, 32 channels, 64 channels, and 127 channels and none of them seems to have the buttons chopped off (if that is Harbinger's problem).

The thing that confuses me though is the Store and Restore part. I am not sure what that means. Perhaps that is where the virtual channels come in, as I do not remember exactly what those are.

Saga Musix

Harbinger's problem doesn't have anything to do with the number of channels, rather with different window styling (I remembered that you always to pay attention when resizing windows as this is also influenced by WinXP's Luna style or Vista).

Store/Restore simply stores the the current status of the channel manager, e.g. which channels are muted, or where which channel will be moved to.

Virtual channels don't have anything to do with that, those are used together with Impulse Tracker's new note actions.

Harbinger

I see an attempt was made to enlarge the window size. But, at least for XP, the buttons still lose about 2 or 3 pixels on the bottom. For now though, this bug is minor, since i can read the buttons i'm using.

Saga Musix

The problem with the XP Luna style should be finally resolved now.