Wierd ''Wave Export'' error in 1.22.06

Started by FreezeFlame(Alchemy), November 06, 2013, 21:30:44

Previous topic - Next topic

manx

OK, I can reproduce the problem now. I'm currently trying to find the cause.
As far as I can see, this seems to only affect binaries built with VisualStudio2008 (which is used for the official release builds).
For now, can you try if http://manx.datengang.de/openmpt/temp/OpenMPT-1.22.06.00-vs2010.zip works for you?

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

It works! :)

Tried before i noticed you're post manx that 1.22.06 works without trouble on Windows XP. ;)
Blue Flames of the Night.

Was known as Alchemy before(with an Dialga picture).

manx

Ok, there is a bug in VisualStudio2008 that causes this. It is relatively easy to work around from the code side. There will most likely be a 1.22.07 release in the next days.
For now, you can just use the version I provided above.

I cannot see why WinXP vs Win7 should make any difference here though (and it does not in my own testing). You might have a different username (without non-ASCII characters) or you might be trying a different path without non-ASCII characters on your WinXP setup?.

LPChip

This is not really possible in windows XP without going through some massive changes. You'd need to create a new useraccount, because changing the username in the control panel, only changes the displayname, not the underlying path.

Unlike windows 7, you cannot move the desktop out of the profile either, unless going through some serious registry tweaks.

So the only thing would be to move to a folder outside of the profile that has no weird char in it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

I can't code,but on my laptop(which got Windows XP),i tried it in an new useraccount(named it DARK,seemed to do the trick).

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

Alot of thanks to you manx for the fix.
You all helped me out,thank you all. :)

manx

FreezeFlame(Alchemy)

No problem  :).