SDK Versions

Started by Really Weird Person, July 09, 2013, 00:46:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

My hard drive array failed a little while back (I don't remember the timeframe off-hand) and I had to get new hard drives. Because of that, I have lost the source code. I would like to start working with it again, but I have a question. Are there specific versions of the DirectX and Windows SDKs required to use the code or will the latest ones [such as the Windows SDK for Windows 8] work?

LPChip

Why don't you just try it? Then you'll know.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

I don't think the Windows SDK for Win8 would be any different from the older releases. But as LPChip says, try it, then you'll know. I don't even think that you'll have to install these SDKs separately anymore, at least if you use VS2010 Professional or better.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Saga Musix makes a good point. Installing Visual Studio 2010 might install the Windows and DirectX SDKs automatically. If it does, then I would need to install only the ASIO and VST SDKs manually.

Really Weird Person

When compiling ModPlug Tracker's code, I am receiving the following error: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winapifamily.h': No such file or directory
When adding it, I am presented many syntax errors.
I never had to add that file before. What did I do wrong? Do note that I have tried the Windows SDK for both Windows 7 and Windows 8 and receive the same result. I am using Visual Studio Professional 2008 and revision 792 of the code.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Thanks
Should changing the path remove the syntax errors though or should I still see them? As I mentioned in the earlier post, I never received errors regarding that file before today.

Saga Musix

OpenMPT never includes that file by itself so it must be a wrongly installed SDK. And an include that cannot be found is not a syntax error, it's simply a compile error because a required component cannot be located. You will be on your own here because as said, it's not an OpenMPT error.