Effects in ModPlug Player

Started by CoolDudeClem, December 04, 2012, 05:07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolDudeClem

Ok, so here's the thing, I like to use a lot of effects when doing my music in OpenMPT, not VST effects, just the standard DX Media ones (You know, the ones such as Waves Reverb, Distortion, Compressor etc...), but when I play the songs in MPP, the'res NO effects, the sounds are playing as if I hadn't used any effects at all.  I've tried Re-Installing, tried it on several different computers, but each time I get the same result, the effects work in OpenMPT, but not in MPP, so what's going on?
Life brings you great gifts with one hand, and stabs you in the back with the other.

Rakib

MPP is crazy old, not open sourced and not being developed. Use modplug tracker or xmplay to play your songs.
^^

LPChip

Or said otherwise: Modplug player does not support DX effects, and since it will not be developed further, it never will.

XMPlay will support most of the DX Effects, but even XMPlay will not play it the same as in your tracker.

The best thing you can do is render these songs to wave and convert it to mp3 afterwards. XMplay will play your mp3 just fine. ;)

Another thing to note, DX effects are the effects that come with DirectX and what else installs these effects on your computer. If DirectX gets upgraded, your songs may sound different. For example, Windows XP comes with DX9 while Vista/7 comes with DX10+ and as such the reverb plugin and the distortion plugin will sound different. I have made a song in windows XP and it sounds so different now in windows 7 that its not that good of a song anymore. I actually setup my bedroom pc which still uses xp so I could render that song to wave/mp3 there.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs