Apply VSTs to sample and save

Started by Saga Musix, June 27, 2009, 16:55:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Okay, I'll just post it here so I don't forget about it (and maybe someone else is faster in implementhing this :P)...

VST effects can quite hog your CPU. Sometimes, it's wiser to apply them to a sample, render the sample to wave, load the wave and remove the VST effects. However, this is quite tricky to do at the moment, as it has to be done using a pattern. That way, sample loops can't be kept and the sample length might not be the same as before. So I think it would be a good idea to have an option to render a sample using the currently loaded global VST effects directly into a sample slot.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Oh i'd love to have that. Being able to free up CPU from VSTs would give me more overhead for playback, which translates into more open creativity.

Many times i just needed a "one-shot" sound from a VST (usually as a transition or bridge riff), but that means i would have to load it and keep it "in queue" even though i only need one note from it. Even tho it might cost me file size (for the sample data), i'd rather have more portability and less clutter in my VST list.

Perhaps if there were a dialog to "Record From" a VSTi, and then an input for the note or notes you want to play (perhaps use a mini-pattern editor with one or two columns). But then again, i'm not coding the thing! :)

Sam_Zen

LPChip

As long as there's the option to make the sample longer if the plugins demand that (like echo/reverb/etc) otherwise, it'd be pointless.

Also, a manual duration should be set (like loop the sample 10 times)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Oh, haven't seen this request before. Would be really cool to have.
^^

sso

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.