ModPlug and Vst sync?

Started by Voltrom, May 21, 2012, 22:38:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Voltrom

I`m new to this forum and first of all i have to say MoDPlug Tracker is simply wonderful. I worked with many Trackers but the reason i changed to ModPlug was that most of the Trackers nowadays are not updated and since my last Tracker Mad Tracker2 was last updated 2006 you can imagine how hard it was to work with it. Thanks to the Developers and Programmers of Mod Plug Tracker.

So, there is my Question:

I´M a Native Instruments Maschine User and everything with ModPlug worked fine so far except that i`m not able to play a single pattern in sync with Maschine, which means if i start Pattern 3 Maschine plays from start and does that all over again. So, I have the possibility to manually select the Patterns in Maschine what is i would say okay so you can work with it. BUT

It would be way easyer to work with it when everything is synced and i can loop a pattern and listen to the drums. for ex. i made in Maschine.

I tried Renoise though and this issue works fine but Renoise simply not does it for me, i don`t now why but i think i fell in love with ModPlug.

I hope anyone is able to help me.

Thanks in advance........

Saga Musix

Yes, OpenMPT will always reset the sample counter when switching patterns. Legacy features like pattern loops will generally make it difficult for OpenMPT to calculate the correct number of samples that have been passed at a given pattern start, but I might try to make it work at least when not considering things like pattern loops.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Good news - I got some of this stuff working. Might take a few more days to finish...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Alright, I put some work into this and it should work as intended now. The plugin <-> host sync may be lost when inserting complicated pattern loops and such, but apart from that, OpenMPT should now always tell the plugin the correct position. Please try http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe and check if everything is working as expected for you.

Voltrom

Youre my Hero, everything works fine now, had some graphical issues and the Setup menu pops up on every start, but these are trivia.

Surprising me again, can`t imagine a program that is commercial where you get this kind of help immediatly.

I`m blown away.

Thanks. Mr Jojo.

Saga Musix

Quote from: Keruba on May 25, 2012, 22:24:19
had some graphical issues
That's because I use a different compiler (with a different version of the window toolkit MFC) for test versions; the glitches will be gone when compiling the next "official" release.

Quote from: Keruba on May 25, 2012, 22:24:19and the Setup menu pops up on every start
This really should only happen when "last used" the version number of OpenMPT has changed. If you keep both the official and test build and switch between them constantly, the "last used" version is of course changed all the time and the setup dialog will pop up (because OpenMPT thinks that you have upgraded to a new version). But in other situations, this shouldn't happen. If it keeps happening and you are just using the test build, it would be really strange.

Voltrom

Youre right about the setup window. Now everything runs smoothly.

But

I`m not able to loop a pattern because Maschine is not in sync, sorry about that i said everything works fine, i was just trying the Pattern Block and selecting a pattern. There everything worked but when i loop a pattern Maschine plays till the end and is starting from beginning again.

Any ideas?

Saga Musix

Yes, any kind of looping won't work for now. OpenMPT would have to recalculate the pattern offset in samples after looping back, and this calculation is very expensive. I don't think it would be a good idea to automatically do this after every loop. Maybe I'll come up with a smarter solution but currently I have no plans for that.

Voltrom

Ok.

I will find a workaround for it. :)