ModPlug not exporting whole song

Started by justinrpg, February 03, 2012, 05:25:38

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

I imported a 40 minute midi file, changed some instruments around and added and maniped instruments but when I go to export the mp3 file, ModPlug only writes a 25 minute song!!! I DO NOT have limit file size or song length checked but it ModPlug is still only exporting a 25 minute song!!!! it won't export the full 40 minutes!!! AND I NEED the whole 40 minutes!!!! I made a bet with someone that they can't sit through the whole song!!! but the bet is worthless without the full 40 minutes!!! what do I need to do to fix this???

Edit by mod: removed excessive amounts of exclamation marks from title

LPChip

do you have enough space on your disk? how big is the file you're exporting once its finished? in modplug, when you hit CTRL-P (estimate song time) does it say 40 minutes there? do you have a -- pattern in the orderlist somewhere that causes the song to stop prematurely?

these are a few things I can think of that are going wrong.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

I am sure he has more than enough space for 40 mins of mp3 file, but tried it with wave export and also try as LPChip said, estimate song length, modplug doesnt always read tempo correct on midi files, if it is not correct, please change it.
^^

justinrpg

I went to the last pattern, it turns out that the whole midi is NOT in the ModPlug module for some reason!!! and I import the midi again, same thing the whole midi is NOT in the program!!!

Saga Musix

Please keep down your excessive use of excalamation marks, thanks. More exclamation marks won't make us answer questions faster (on the contrary) and they won't convince us that your problem is the most urgent one to be fixed.

Yes, OpenMPT's MIDI import is far from perfect, but what you are trying to achieve is something that you shouldn't do using OpenMPT anyway. It's much easier to import your MIDI file into a dedicated MIDI editor and change the instruments there. That way, you can also be sure that the MIDI timing won't get mangled by OpenMPT.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

I loaded a wav file that isn't midi into it... So I kinda need MPT...

LPChip

After import, how many orders/patterns do you have? I have a hunch that you're hitting a limit somewhere.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

justinrpg

I don't know what 'orders' are... but there are 238 patterns

LPChip

Yeah, you might be hitting a limit here.

Try the following:

In OpenMPT, open the settings and go to the midi tab. Change speed to 6 and patternsize to 256.

Try importing again. You should now be able to import a song 4 times as long as what you previously had. If things are less accurate now, change the speed back to 3 and set the patternsize to 512.