1.17.02.52 Time Signature (& tempo?) VST send prob

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, February 28, 2008, 10:35:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

I synced MetroGnome to the host in both classic and modern tempo mode - even after 8 minutes, they were still in sync at 90 BPM. Either Kontakt is doing something wrong, or it's using some kind of internal timer...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm, strange. It's not a huge problem, really. My guess would be that Kontakt's using an internal timer. I wonder if it's because both OpenMPT and Kontakt are calling timeBeginPeriod() with a different desired granularity, or maybe one's using QueryPerformanceCounter()? Perhaps https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=640796 is relevant?

Saga Musix

OpenMPT doesn't use QueryPerformanceCounter actively at least (there is one, but it isn't actually used).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I tried Kontakt 5's internal metronome, and it behaves as expected here - I set up a track with a beep every 8 rows and enabled Kontakt's metronome. There was no drift, even after one hour of WAV export and three minutes of "real" playback.

bvanoudtshoorn

Sounds as though it should be fixed then. I'm still running Kontakt 4 (not enough of an incentive to upgrade from Komplete 6 to 8), but I've not noticed too many issues of late.