Wrong note displayed on .mod?

Started by ricopapi, December 01, 2011, 02:55:07

Previous topic - Next topic

ricopapi

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this, but I have an issue with a .mod I imported to OpenMPT.

It shows up as a D# in OpenMPT, but the actual note plays as a B. It's like that with every note. It's basically displays as 4 semitones too high.

Saga Musix

It could be that the note is outside the Amiga frequency range and OpenMPT imported it as a ProTracker 1.x MOD. In that case, the note should be coloured in red in the default colour scheme. Please provide an example file to have a look at.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ricopapi

Sure, a .zip is attached. Looking at the first track, it shows D#5 for the first note, but it's really a B, and continues for the rest of the song.

Saga Musix

I guess you're new to the world of tracking then. Notes in the pattern are just "relative" to a given base note, i.e. the note at which the sample was recorded at. If you create a sample of an instrument playing an F, playing this sample at its base note / frequency (C-5 in OpenMPT) will play an F. If you change the base note (and thus frequency), you also change all relative notes.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ricopapi

I thought that might have been the issue.

Thanks