1.19.04 odd NNA behavior

Started by Skaven, September 22, 2011, 17:44:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Skaven

While remastering the Bej3 soundtrack I ran into a rather bizarre issue with one instrument's NNAs. Basically only every second note was playing (even though the NNA was set to "Continue"). I could only fix it by setting Duplicate Check to "Sample" (instead of Disabled) - which is not quite how it should work.

OpenMPT team, do you need a repro case? I should be able to create a small .it file for you to check by deleting everything else.  (.......) In fact, here it is.

I coulda posted this to the bug tracker, but I didn't have an account nor could create one. O:)

Saga Musix

Not a bug. :o) You have carry envelope enabled, so a newly triggered note doesn't reset the volume envelope. As your volume envelope ends on the 7th tick and you play the tune at speed 6, the last envelope node is reached in exactly the same moment as the next note starts to play; that means that every second note is effectively muted. Note that this behaviour is the same across OpenMPT, XMPlay and Impulse Tracker, and it has in fact not been changed lately.

QuoteI coulda posted this to the bug tracker, but I didn't have an account nor could create one. O:)
Details on this would be appreciated; where did the account registration fail?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Skaven

Ohh.... envelope carry! My bad then. Foreheadslap. :)

Well, since it was not a bug, then there's no point in posting it there...

LPChip

Maybe not required to post a bug, but where did the registration failed?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Skaven

Erm. I guess I' no more clever than a spambot, because I couldn't get through the "Please fill in...lug' (without quotes)" spambot challenge.  :-[

*ahem* *cough*  OK.... got it now. :)

Saga Musix

Hmm! Maybe I need to put some more extra hints there so that people aren't turned off too easily! ;D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.