Midi commands not getting into Modplug.

Started by sdobbie, September 27, 2011, 17:17:48

Previous topic - Next topic

sdobbie

I got myself a midi interface today for my Casio CTK-496 keyboard in the hope that I could create my own songs easily. I installed the interface, Modplug detects it but no key presses get detected. Why is this?

Rakib

^^

sdobbie

I have looked at those settings before. My midi interface does work as I tested it with a connection manager. Also, the M audio oxygen8 midi keyboards at the college do not work with Modplug either. Is there some plugin that I need?

Harbinger

Yes that page isn't going to help you.

They haven't quite yet transferred the pertinent page you need into the WIKI thread, so you should consult the OHM PDF. It details exactly what you need to do and the plugin you need to enable MIDI messaging. Look in kvraudio.com for TobyBear's Midibag, read the text files, and that should help.

Do that and whatever you find out, let us know here...

sdobbie

It seems to work now for some strange reason. I restarted the program and now it is playing the notes from the keyboard. It is just a small generic interface that I got off Ebay for 4 pounds. There is however, a tiny delay from the note being pressed to it being heard in the tracker.

Harbinger

Y'know, for posterity's sake, in case a future user also runs into this problem, when you get some time, write up what you got (the hardware), what the problem was, and how it was fixed. I've noticed that little tidbits of information from seemingly unrelated issues can help out somewhere else down the line.

I had my own MIDI setup with an Alesis and a SERIAL port MIDI connector, which they stopped making a long time ago i think. I spent money on MIDI connectors just to find out the polarity was wrong either in my MIDI synth or the MIDi connectors that i bought. What i learned in that failure has been invaluable in rounding out my knowledge of how MPT interacts and makes use of MIDI, and my knowledge is still incomplete.

So please let us know what happened as near as you can recall, when you get some time to post it here. ;)

Rakib

Quote from: sdobbie on September 27, 2011, 19:08:01
It is just a small generic interface that I got off Ebay for 4 pounds.

I want it too, you really got a bargain!

But if you have a delay, try lowering the buffer length.
^^

Saga Musix

MIDI delay is pretty much limited by the audio / MIDI interface you use. With cheap audio interfaces you won't get any satisfying results; even homestudio audio interfaces will give you very low latency, so they should be preferred over onboard / generic soundcards.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sdobbie

This is my setup. The delay is not noticeable when recording, it is only noticeable when playing through the computer speakers without Modplug. Do you want one of these little interfaces? Get one here:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220708729088?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have used no special plugins or software to get this working. The interface also seems to have no brand either. It has midi in and midi out din plugs. The midi out goes into the midi in on the keyboard and the midi in goes to the midi out on the keyboard. Hope this helps.