Compo for the users of OpenMPT

Started by Rakib, September 13, 2011, 23:23:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

This is just a outline and a thread for discussion for a compo for this forum.

My thoughts about the rules for the compo is this:

1 sample pack + some allowed free vst's + the builtin directx media effects.

You can have so many samples as you like (meaning chooping up samples is allowed)

Hosting on soundcloud.com for mp3 + zippyshare for the mptm file. xm, mod, it or s3m is not allowed. I wil make a group on soundcloud where the song should be shared.

Only who participate are allowed to vote.

I dont have so many samples, so I cant make the sample pack but here is some vst's I recommend allowing.

P8, 4Front Piano, Synth 1, dblue glitch, and the effects from http://www.gvst.co.uk/
http://www.superwavesynths.co.uk/downloads.htm

^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: Rakib on September 13, 2011, 23:23:27
Hosting on soundcloud.com for mp3 + zippyshare for the mptm file. xm, mod, it or s3m is not allowed. I wil make a group on soundcloud where the song should be shared.
No need, we have a compo system already (designed for OHCs but it works with any kind of compo)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I suppose I can organize another OpenMPT Trackers compo. Same rules as last time, I provide a samplepack, samples can't be altered in any way, nor can samples be added. Skills are to use the tracker in an optimal way to get the best out of the samples.

Anyone interested in such compo? I am not planning to do a 2 sample only compo. There will be real loops, like the first time. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Another idea would be to make a "release pack compo": Write a tune in IT format, any samples allowed, module size limited to something like 150kb.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Quote from: LPChip on September 14, 2011, 16:31:20
I suppose I can organize another OpenMPT Trackers compo. Same rules as last time, I provide a samplepack, samples can't be altered in any way, nor can samples be added. Skills are to use the tracker in an optimal way to get the best out of the samples.
This would be only interesting for the hardcore users.

This compo is to promote modplug, so I recommend allowing vst and to not have to strict rules. Hoping for newbies to also participate.
^^

Saga Musix

Well, I suppose we could have more than just one compo... :D