Getting started with OpenMPT development

Started by Saga Musix, June 09, 2011, 16:23:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

The article on how to compile the OpenMPT sourcecode has been moved to the wiki.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Quote from: Jojo on June 09, 2011, 16:23:38To do so, go to "Tools"→"Options" and then "Projects"→"VC++ Directories" (this might be a bit different in VS2008 and VS2010).

This one here has changed in vs2010, but I havent figured out how to fix it.
^^

Saga Musix

In the German version of VS2008, it's something like Extras → Options, then Projects and solutions → VC++ directories →  Include files. Maybe it's similar in VS2010.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: Rakib on June 09, 2011, 22:50:51
VC++ Directiories editing in Tools > Options has been deprecated.
I have just installed VS2010 and I didn't have to do any of this stuff anyway - OpenMPT compiled out of the box. I had the DirectX SDK still installed from VS2008, so maybe it helps to install that first if you have troubles.

Rakib

Its not easy as you say it is. You need the vst files and you have to place it the right folder. And off course install the directx sdk. All you did was upgrading.
^^

Saga Musix

Yes, but the VST/ASIO SDK is not part of setting up VS2010, since that is the same with all versions, and you don't even have to set up build paths or whatever, you just need to put some files in OpenMPT's directory. And as far as I can tell now, installing the DirectX SDK before installing VS2010 keeps all the trouble away. Seems easy to me.