One Voice Compo

Started by Louigi Verona, January 29, 2006, 17:37:17

Previous topic - Next topic

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "PPH"Where's the compo website?
http://music.fbm.ru/

apple-joe

I didn't quite succeed the last time I tried to create a track for the compo. Well, I think it's time to have another go soon. Anyone who's finished?

fisk0

Heh, I made one a few hours ago, it didn't really end up as I wanted it to.

Actually, it got quite bad. But I uploaded it anyway, dont really know why. :)

Louigi Verona

well, I think it's good you uploaded it. First, you got yourself started, so next tunes may come more easy. Second, you supported the Compo - when people see there are no entries, they might think it's a boring compo :) Just submit more tunes if you are not satisfied with that one.

Guys, the deadline is March 1st, remember that!

apple-joe

I might have a go now. Are we allowed to upload several? Hm, helps to think that you'll have a chance to upload another one in case you create something better after the first upload.

Louigi Verona

sure, upload several.

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"sure, upload several.

As you can see on the entries list, there are 2 people with 2 tunes on (of which I am one:))
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

apple-joe

OK, I'm gonna listen to some one-instrument based classical music today and see if I'm able to gain inspiration.

Louigi Verona

however, I'm not fully satisfied with entries, since some of them do violate rules a bit - people still try to add basslines and stuff... But I think there's no point in abandoning them fully - still, they are nice efforts. If I will run next OVC, I will remove the rule of the 2nd instrument showing chords.

Waxhead

is apperigato allowed ?

LPChip

Quote from: "Waxhead"is apperigato allowed ?

Only if you enter the notes of that appreggio fully.

(like: c4,e4,g4,c4,e4,g4, and not c4 j47)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

DavidN

I've submitted an attempt. I think I'll try again, as this one came out almost entirely unlike how I expected.

fisk0

I've submitted a new one. This one ended up a little bit better than my first attempt - and almost as I had expected it to. :)

apple-joe

OK - I'm gonna submit one now, even if I'm not happy with it. I suffered from
a little lack of inspiration, but it's one voice only, so let's hope someone else got trouble as well.

EDIT: Let me say that I occasionally suffered badly from the fact that we may only use one sample.

LPChip

Quote from: "apple-joe"
EDIT: Let me say that I occasionally suffered badly from the fact that we may only use one sample.

Um, if you refer sample as to the sound, then you're wrong. you are allowed to use several samples. Its best to seperate the usage of them between pieces of melodies though...