Problems with Soundfonts/Midi libraries

Started by fisk0, February 13, 2006, 18:09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

fisk0

When importing instruments from soundfont files they get messed up, the samples get transposed incorrectly and in some cases the sample looping disappear. Why is this happening?

The soundfonts works perfectly fine in "pure" midi programs such as Cakewalk and also in the soundfont editor Vienna and Creative Soundfont Banks.

LPChip

Quote from: "fisk0"When importing instruments from soundfont files they get messed up, the samples get transposed incorrectly and in some cases the sample looping disappear. Why is this happening?

The soundfonts works perfectly fine in "pure" midi programs such as Cakewalk and also in the soundfont editor Vienna and Creative Soundfont Banks.

MPT doesn't offer support for multilayered SoundFont Banks. Most .SF2 soundfont banks are multilayered. This item is on the to-do list, but won't be added in the near future.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

You're better off using an external sampler plugin such as the free sfz for playing soundfonts.