The filter FX has moving another pattern

Started by Module, January 31, 2010, 19:25:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Yep, not a bug. For all instruments that are going to share a channel with an instrument that is actually using a filter, you have to enable the "cutoff" checkbox and move the cutoff slider completely to the right, until the label below it says "off". That's not a but but rather how it's supposed to work.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Module

Could you demonstrate it in the IT,and could you upload it?Thanks so much!  (Sorry if I robbering your time) :lol:

Rakib

No bug here, the "bug" is happening because you forgot to clearly express the type of filter type you want, that's why it's using the old settings from the previous samples in the same pattern.

^^

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Module

Yes,this Cutoff a solution if you want to put a non-filter instrument,after a filtered instrument on the next pattern,I didn't know that.
But the 2.instrument's(position-0) highpass mode is still moving on the 3.instruments(position-2)How can I switch-off this?

Saga Musix

Just like disabling the cutoff checkbox inherits the cutoff settings of the previous instrument, "Channel default" inherits the filter mode of the previous instrument. Always specify highpass and lowpass mode if you want to use different modes on different instruments.

Module

Okay,now I understood these advices,but my opinion is this inherit-thing is not okay.

Saga Musix

Go back in history, and tell Jeff Lim in 1997 that it doesn't make sense to you. But it apparently made sense to him and it makes sense to me, so there must be something that justifies it.