VSTi Controllers

Started by Bubblenugget, February 06, 2006, 03:21:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubblenugget

Hey all,

I was curious as to how it may be be possible to use one VSTi Controller (Ball Sequencer, Arpocolypse) to control another Instrument (VSTi or sample).

I've tried using effect sends and such with no results.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

speed-goddamn-focus

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure MPT currently doesn't support this.

Bubblenugget

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure MPT currently doesn't support this.
Probably.  I've been having to use synths with built in Arpeggio.  But they tend to be a little buggy and limited.

Maybe this could be made a feature in the next version.

LPChip

Unless this VSTi loads the VSTi whitin its container, its certainly not possible.

If a VSTi can output midi data, MPT still doesn't allow it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

I keep postponing implementing support for plugs that send MIDI event, cos I'd like to do it nicely when I do the new plugin routing system... but given how much time I have free at the moment maybe I should just hack it into the current system like everything else... :D

Bubblenugget

Haha..  don't rush it.  We don't work for Atari, lol.

I think that this one should take the time if necessary.  There are probably more important features on the wishlist.