Integration with Audacity

Started by uncloned, September 30, 2009, 00:23:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Quote from: "uncloned"So its just for pitch shifting?
Pitch shifting and time stretching. That's why in the same frame as those two functions. And nom it doesn't reduce the quality.

About the integration: No direct integration at least. I'm strongly against specific integration for program x. Something like a setting for any wave editor that can be launched from the sample editor could be doable, but I don't think that it would be much more.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Just that - the configurable button for launching from the sample tab - would be great Jojo if you have the time to do it.  However... If I can't paste back into OMPT the effort is wasted - does anyone have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong with pasting back into the sample tab in OMPT?  I am using the latest OMPT version - I DL'd it off of sourceforge yesterday.

Thanks!!

Chris

Saga Musix

Sourceforge doesn't have the latest version - please see the developement board for the latest version, 1.17.03.02 (Testing version).

OpenMPT uses the windows clipboard with standard WAV format for exchanging data. LPChip's explanation sounds convincing to me, and I also guess that those applications simply don't make use of the windows clipboard or use their own WAV format or whatever.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

with regard to LP's explanation - Audactiy doesn't have the option to change.

I'll try the version you suggest - but isn't it, as being a development version, a beta or... alpha version?

no  link

where would the development version be?

Saga Musix

QuoteAudactiy doesn't have the option to change.
That's possible. It could be explained by the aim to be a platform-independent wave editor.

here's the new version. It's a testing version, which is only available on the forums since we want to ensure that it's stable before we release it to the public. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't use it, on the contrary, we need you, the forum members, to verify that it works. The more of you say that it works for you, the faster it can be released as a regular beta version.

uncloned

ok, I just grabbed it and will give it a spin.

Thanks!

g

I don't really see the point of having a configurable button for launching an external app, unless of course with with the current sample as an argument which still would be pretty useless unless OpenMPT would update the sample when changed.

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing a fully featured sample editor in OpenMPT, but in the meantime perhaps something like Wavosaur can fulfill some needs? It supports copying/pasting from/to the windows clipboard, but loop information seems to be lost.

Saga Musix

Quoteunless of course with with the current sample as an argument which still would be pretty useless unless OpenMPT would update the sample when changed.
That's what I had in mind at least (that doesn't mean that I'm really eager to code this ASAP).

QuoteOf course I wouldn't mind seeing a fully featured sample editor in OpenMPT
No, but what could be really useful is another feature request I've made myself: Apply VSTs to sample and save.

uncloned

there you go

vst effects would be good - however - make sure there is an allowance for reverb and echo past the current boundary of the sample.

uncloned

ok....

copy and paste with cool edit works as described.....

but undo does not work and that's a killer.

I pasted the wav I modified in cool edit back into the latest OMPT and I had no way to undo it.