HELP VST ALBINO IN MODPLUG TRACKER

Started by ARENNA_MIX, January 26, 2006, 14:29:10

Previous topic - Next topic

ARENNA_MIX

Hi dudes!

I already got the last version of the mod plug that i can open some VST plugins! But i have some problems!

Some plugins VST like ALBINO & Guitar Rig don`t work!
What`s Happen?

Please help us!

:wink:  Peace
Arenna Project

rewbs

You need to explain in more detail the errors you get, and state the versions you are using.

ARENNA_MIX

I CREATE A NEW INSTRUMENT, WITHOUT WAV AND MAKE THE LINKING WITH THE ALBINO FX, BUT INITIAL VOLUME, INITIAL PAN, FILTER'S, RANDOM VARIATION DO NOT FUNCTION.

OBS:  I WANT TO USE THE INSTRUMENTS OF THE ALBINO

WHERE IT IS MY ERROR,  HELPS ME

INFORMATION

- WINDOWS XP SP2
  - PENTIUM 4 2.66GHz
  - ALBINO2
  - MPTRACK P4 V1.17.02.39

THANKS FRIEND
Arenna Project

rewbs

Quote from: "ARENNA_MIX"I CREATE A NEW INSTRUMENT, WITHOUT WAV AND MAKE THE LINKING WITH THE ALBINO FX, BUT INITIAL VOLUME, INITIAL PAN, FILTER'S, RANDOM VARIATION DO NOT FUNCTION.

That's normal, those options apply to samples only. You should be able to play albino's presets though.

ARENNA_MIX

itself I to use the parameters of the Albino, I do not have the possibility to use the Midi Zxx Macros, I will not have more desired effect, for example...

another example, itself I use one exactly instrument of the Albino in canals diferentes(example Acords) and desire to give a PAN, making for the Mod Plug is well better, therefore itself to give to PAN in the Albino the canals will have the same for side.

Sorry, friend, i?m Brazilian and my English is horrible.
Arenna Project

LPChip

In order to archieve this, use 3 instruments, with 3 instances of albino, and pan them in albino. You can use the same preset for the 3 instances.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

ARENNA_MIX

Well Let me try explain more!

1? Question=  If i try to use 5 kinds of differents piano's but.... each one in one difference channel.. i need to open 5 albinos? Each one in each channel? do have one other kind to preset 2 our 3 intruments in one albino only?

I think that it can let my computer crashed !  :lol:

2? Question= i use in some mixes made by me a plugin called "Midi Macro Zxx" but i'm having a little problems now!

EX: I created a intrument in any keyboard emulator and did one preset in Albino..... it work well... but if i try to use later anyone effect from Mod Plug in any VST don't work more! have some un-compatibility about it? It sounds like if the VST don't accept any kind of FX of the mod plug!

help us!

Thanks
Arenna Project

LPChip

The idea is to use several instances to be able to control each sound individually. If this forms a problem for you because your pc crashes, then you might require to upgrade to a faster computer. I haven't used albinos, so i can't say how stable it is.

You should either do that, or learn with the fact that you can't change everything.

if you use the midi macro Zxx, you can change presets for 16 different effect slots. to assign them, use the effect SFx in the pattern (same as in that dialog) prior to using the Zxx effect itself.

Example:

SF1   <- switching to midi fx1
Z50   <- set value 50 on this param for the effect that was played on this channel.
SF4   <- switching to midi fx4
Z20   <- set value 20 on this param for the effect that was played on this channel.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Question 1:
Whether a plugin can play several different presets at the same time (dependin on the midi channel on which the note is received) depends on the plugin implementation. Plugins that can do this are known as "multi-timbral". If the plugin is not multi-timbral, you will need multiple instances. This is due to plugin design and has nothing to do with MPT.

Question 2:
Indeed, many pattern effects apply only to samples. For example, Qxx, SDx, Exx, Fxx can work on VSTs. Oxx, Dxx will not. Which effects are you trying to use?
Zxx is designed to control plugin parameters amonst other things, as LPChip described. So I don't think I really understand your question.

I thought your original post was about Albino and Guitar Rig not working at all. What is the status on this?