VST instruments panning

Started by herodotas, September 05, 2009, 15:18:38

Previous topic - Next topic

herodotas

Hi, how i can pan VSTi in OMPT?
life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

If the instrument supports it at all, you could try sending MIDI CC 10 - Panposition to the VST. To do this, set up a macro (Zxx -> SF1 (or any other macro) -> Type "MIDI CC", Generate Macro "CC 10". Then, use this macro on an empty channel (f.e. by typing SF1 in the effect column at the first possible spot), assign the VST to this channel and then use Zxx.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

If the instrument don't supports it at all, or too complicated to do, you can route your synth signal to a simple, free stereo panner vst, like http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jhewes/StereoPan.html example, and automate that one, or simply preset for every involved instrument instance. ;)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

herodotas

life is darker than it seems

Saga Musix

I was bored, and I was playing around with sfz anyway, so here's an example of using volume and panning with VST instruments:
(link removed)
Note that you need the sfz VSTi, the Kjaerhus Classic VST series would also be nice to have. sfz requires soundfonts, I've been using ConcertGM0.97test3.sf2 for the first sfz instance and SGM-180 v1.5.sf2 for the other instances, so those soundfonts would be preferred. I guess it sounds ok with other soundfonts, too.
I use the first macro (SF0) to control panning here, hence there is no SFx command.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.