UnTwelve composition competition -- deadline Oct 1st

Started by akjmicro, September 04, 2009, 03:48:35

Previous topic - Next topic

akjmicro

Hi all,

I'm posting here for the first time, so sorry if this news is getting to you too late...

UnTwelve, and organization in the Midwest devoted to microtonal music concerts and education, is having a composition contest, grand prize $400.00. Submissions are due Oct 1st, and all the rules and information can be found at http://www.untwelve.org/competition.html Please read them carefully, as we cannot accept submissions that do not obey all of the posted rules.

We hope that some of you are interested in entering and trying your hand at alternate tuning systems!

Yours in tuning fun,
Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org
http://www.akjmusic.com

Rakib

^^

psishock

nice business politics, if they receive more than 20entries (which could be realistic estimation, if the compo is spread enough on music sites), they already far in + financially, without much work, because basically the contestants are doing the "dirty" work (collecting the grand prize, and produce the selectable entries). ;)
Even have an option to send more multiple entries, for multiple fee of course. :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Well, Louigi should not have posted so much about microtonal music lately... I bet that's how you can find MPC via google now. :P Thank you for spamming.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

now now.... don't put every blame on poor Louigi again. :lol:

Louigi Verona

Note: I think it was Chris uncloned who spoke about microtonal music ;) I don't know anything about microtonal at all.

uncloned

Quote from: "Jojo"Well, Louigi should not have posted so much about microtonal music lately... I bet that's how you can find MPC via google now. :P Thank you for spamming.

I am, as far as I know, the only regular who is a microtonalist here at modplug.

Jojo:

This is a funny attitude Jojo if one considers that modplug tracker has native microtonal support. A fact I remind people on the microtonal list quite often. Support for alternate tunings, especially more than 12 notes, is still uncommon.

Also, considering that Aaron posted music in the music forum and a contest link in the general forum I fail to see a problem with that.

That no one appreciates the conditions of the contest I do understand though - I feel much the same about it.

uncloned

Aaron:

I bet your competition would be more respected if the prize were:

a minimum of $400 with all entry fees going to prizes

The appearance that someone is profiting from the competition is the problem and plowing the fees into the prize would eliminate this.

Jojo:

Louigi is responsible for much evil on the internet but not all of it. I pick up where he leaves off  :evil:

psishock

Quote from: "uncloned"Louigi is responsible for much evil on the internet
Terrorizing people with his music, for starters? :lol:

uncloned

yeah - its those drones.... the drones are *evil* I tell you!!

Saga Musix

Oh soz, I'm not particulary interested in this topic (nor in modplug's tuning capabilities :P), so I didn't really pay attention who was posting what. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Quote from: "Jojo"Oh soz, I'm not particulary interested in this topic (nor in modplug's tuning capabilities :P), so I didn't really pay attention who was posting what. :P

I agree, no one should be interested in a topic you are not interested in!

:twisted:

Saga Musix

Uhm, now what is this suddenly about? Am I not allowed to voice my personal intersts here?

uncloned

I'm poking fun at you jojo for this same reason. Because you are not interested in microtonal music you accused louigi of spamming modplug or some such.

No big deal but it is kinda ironic.

Saga Musix

Yeah sorry, I'm getting Alzheimer's, you know :P (the truth is that I'm just very scatterbrained, though)

And no, I didn't accuse Louigi of spamming, I accused our new "guest" who is obviously only here to make some advertisement for this "compo".